Terrance Ferguson - SF - Dallas, TX - API

• 131 replies

Poison

Re: Terrance Ferguson - SF - Dallas, TX - API
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 10:25:32 PM »
I think we have a better shot at getting Rawle then Ferguson.  The thing that bothers me is how quick we were on this kid.  Doesn't sound like they are at all liking their chances with the hometown kid.  Really have to like the way this staff hustles though.  They really work hard.

That shouldn't bother you. We want the staff to be ready when there is an opportunity. Rawlie has been recruited. The staff has been to see him countless times. At some point, you've got to recognize that you've made your case, and now it's time to wait for a decision. There is no value in recreating the recruiting that we suffered through with Norm Roberts. He kissed their asses, and they all left anyway.

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 11:35:46 PM »
I have never been as vexed about a recruitment as I am with Rawle's.  I'm still hearing from two different people in Canarsie that he is seriously considering us.  I wish I was so sure.  And now this, as if the staff is nowhere near confident about landing Rawle.  Tough to compete with the southern boosters, on someone like Ferguson, as I have posted in the past. We really need Rawle, unless Ellison shows great improvement.

Why does St. John's 'need' Rawle?

Check out the "First Mullin bash" thread.  THAT'S why we need Rawle.  We need to be competitive in league immediately or the recruiting window that our new coach has will close from all the negativity.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:36:32 PM by WillieG »

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2016, 08:51:01 AM »
As for Ferguson he'd be a tremendous fit to roster. I've known him a long time and he's such a great kid that would thrive in NYC. I think if staff goes all in on him they'll have a legit chance at landing him unlike my feelings towards Rawle.

I think you'd all drool over T-Ferg too. Long lanky guard who is a super freaky leaper and has a picturesque stroke with deep range.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2016, 09:01:16 AM »
As for Ferguson he'd be a tremendous fit to roster. I've known him a long time and he's such a great kid that would thrive in NYC. I think if staff goes all in on him they'll have a legit chance at landing him unlike my feelings towards Rawle.

I think you'd all drool over T-Ferg too. Long lanky guard who is a super freaky leaper and has a picturesque stroke with deep range.

How's that appropriately named high school he goes to?
Remember who broke the Slice news

TONYD3

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2016, 09:11:21 AM »
I have never been as vexed about a recruitment as I am with Rawle's.  I'm still hearing from two different people in Canarsie that he is seriously considering us.  I wish I was so sure.  And now this, as if the staff is nowhere near confident about landing Rawle.  Tough to compete with the southern boosters, on someone like Ferguson, as I have posted in the past. We really need Rawle, unless Ellison shows great improvement.

Why does St. John's 'need' Rawle?

Check out the "First Mullin bash" thread.  THAT'S why we need Rawle.  We need to be competitive in league immediately or the recruiting window that our new coach has will close from all the negativity.
I agree Willie. We need to get off to a fast start next year.

derk

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 09:52:42 AM »

[/quote]

So Dave, get on the trail real quick and lock him up. Do we really have a shot at a top 10 kid from Texas, who doesn't know us from a whole in the wall , looking at the horrible year we just had ? That would be impressive .
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:53:25 AM by derk »

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 09:53:03 AM »

Unknown.

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 09:56:29 AM »
He's a UA kid, right?   Always a plus when they are. 

Never feel good when recruiting against Baylor who it appears already has a serious inside track.  Key is to get him to NY and hope he falls in love. 

Also think staff is still going after Rawle but isn't so confident about him being eligible. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:57:18 AM by scoobydoo »

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/coach-says-new-hoops-power-api-is-not-the-new-prime-prep-trevon-duval-billy-preston-terrance-ferguson-mark-vital

redslope

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 12:40:36 PM »
Let's get D'angelo and the Aggie to talk to him regarding the wonders of the Big Apple.

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2016, 03:25:29 PM »
So Dave, get on the trail real quick and lock him up. Do we really have a shot at a top 10 kid from Texas, who doesn't know us from a whole in the wall , looking at the horrible year we just had ? That would be impressive .

He's actually from Oklahoma.

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 03:48:09 PM »

[/quote]

Lavin showed some interest in Ferg so he's familiar with the school. I could see him coming here from a basketball perspective and personality.

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 04:11:48 PM »
What prospective one and done player wouldn't want to hitch his wagon to an 8 win team?   ???

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »
What prospective one and done player wouldn't want to hitch his wagon to an 8 win team?   ???

Hopefully a kid who is homesick

paultzman

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2016, 04:28:12 PM »

And eligible

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »

Thought this was the T. Ferguson thread.  ;) :)

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »
So we have no shot with him too?

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »

Are you asking and answering a question all at once?

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 10:07:00 PM »

Are you asking and answering a question all at once?

From what I hear lol.

Wods317

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 08:48:10 AM »
Someone posted an exchange with Ferguson and Shamorie that was on social media. Maybe between him and slice we can get the kid to visit. That is all you can really ask for is a chance to have him visit and plead your case for him to play here.