The Hall loses Gibbs

• 53 replies
Re: The Hall loses Gibbs
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »
Baldi why you so high on him

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 09:36:48 PM »
Like I said earlier. I think we need to look at Dave Boff for a staff position

Get him on DOBO now and you can still get Reid. But are you just pulling this thing with him out of nowhere?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

NYCoffey

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 10:21:19 PM »
Yeah . Would if had a shot at Hurley. Maybe they should fire him now and maybe get the other Hurley. If  it is true what was posted about Tiny dangling Whothead for another job next year is a busy anyway.
I don't understand this post. "Is a busy anyway?"  It's not as bad as it could have been for them, because Carrington is going to be very good next year, but I really liked Gibbs.  Normally, I would lament the demise of a fellow Big East team, but not Willards' team.  He's a cheater although you can't prove it.  And he did sell his soul to get Whitehead from us. PRJohnny is right.  That caused trouble for them chemistry wise. And Whitehead also now has the goods on the staff and could blow the whistle. So Willard can't  discipline IW like the other players because of this. He sold his soul.   But Willard only needs nine Big East wins to keep his job because he is tight with his boss.

Sorry posted before looking at it. I was saying if Whitehead is looking to leave also(someone said earlier that Morton is looking to find another job) that they might as well fire him now because next year may be tough for them and the next year will be worse on this course. They should of fired Willard when Bobby Hurley was out there but maybe they can bring in Danny.

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 06:56:09 AM »
Yeah . Would if had a shot at Hurley. Maybe they should fire him now and maybe get the other Hurley. If  it is true what was posted about Tiny dangling Whothead for another job next year is a busy anyway.
I don't understand this post. "Is a busy anyway?"  It's not as bad as it could have been for them, because Carrington is going to be very good next year, but I really liked Gibbs.  Normally, I would lament the demise of a fellow Big East team, but not Willards' team.  He's a cheater although you can't prove it.  And he did sell his soul to get Whitehead from us. PRJohnny is right.  That caused trouble for them chemistry wise. And Whitehead also now has the goods on the staff and could blow the whistle. So Willard can't  discipline IW like the other players because of this. He sold his soul.   But Willard only needs nine Big East wins to keep his job because he is tight with his boss.

Sorry posted before looking at it. I was saying if Whitehead is looking to leave also(someone said earlier that Morton is looking to find another job) that they might as well fire him now because next year may be tough for them and the next year will be worse on this course. They should of fired Willard when Bobby Hurley was out there but maybe they can bring in Danny.

You think the hall would target Bobby over Danny?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

NYCoffey

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 07:17:58 AM »
No, but he actually left Buffalo so if they acted quickly they had a shot at him.  Not sure Danny Hurley would leave RI for Seton Hall.

QuanMan

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 10:12:10 AM »
Hiring another Pitino disciple like Undergrad Mass would just repeat the same process for Hall, so you can dismay that route whenever the inevitable happens in South Orange IMO.  I actually think that Veer Singh is going to be a steal, potentially a very serviceable and likable player across the river for the next 4 years. They still might have a scrappy, local team next year, but they would've been that much more dangerous with a senior captain like Gibbs complimenting the ever growing BK Khadeen-Isaiah-Desi tandem. Delgado will be that much better next year too, but he's pretty much their only returning big.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:13:06 AM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 11:18:10 AM »
Hiring another Pitino disciple like Undergrad Mass would just repeat the same process for Hall, so you can dismay that route whenever the inevitable happens in South Orange IMO.  I actually think that Veer Singh is going to be a steal, potentially a very serviceable and likable player across the river for the next 4 years. They still might have a scrappy, local team next year, but they would've been that much more dangerous with a senior captain like Gibbs complimenting the ever growing BK Khadeen-Isaiah-Desi tandem. Delgado will be that much better next year too, but he's pretty much their only returning big.

The problem is they aren't going to pay their coach a big salary so who can they get that's better

QuanMan

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 11:50:02 AM »
The way 2015-16 rosters are configured as of this minute, Iona might have next year's most talented team in the tri state. They're 2 deep at every position with the reigning MVP/ROY returning, and an absolute stud in Rickie McGill to compliment Schadrac next year. Obviously with our 4 prospective incoming recruits TBA within the next 2-3 months that'll change things...but if Iona were to matchup with Hall right now, I'd take Iona.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 12:31:01 PM »
Sina and Gibbs transferring = lack of control of the program and team.  Willard does not have the team thinking as one or else things don't go down this way.  They were team players. I could see if they weren't buying in to Willard's system.

sju89tr

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 01:00:10 PM »
Sina and Gibbs transferring = lack of control of the program and team.  Willard does not have the team thinking as one or else things don't go down this way.  They were team players. I could see if they weren't buying in to Willard's system.

Despite a talented roster (still) The Hall will have a hard time going 8-10 in the Big East and more than a few games over 500 overall depending on their OOC schedule. 

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:25 PM »

Despite a talented roster (still) The Hall will have a hard time going 8-10 in the Big East and more than a few games over 500 overall depending on their OOC schedule.
Agreed. I just don't see it.  At the first sign of difficulty in conference, I see the discord rearing it's ugly head again.  I'll be surprised if they exceed what you project.

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 01:52:31 PM »
UConn it is

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »

Agreed. I just don't see it.  At the first sign of difficulty in conference, I see the discord rearing it's ugly head again.  I'll be surprised if they exceed what you project.

Really? I'm not sure. One paper (at this moment) they have a lot more talent on their roster compared to us.

pmg911

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 03:39:54 PM »

I think they will win 20 next year and be in the NCAA Tournament.

That said, Willard still might get canned.

redslope

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 04:12:40 PM »

In Queens we know 21 and the NCAAs does not guarantee a coach longevity.  They will probably lose Delgado and Whitehead after next season

sju89tr

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 04:15:10 PM »

PMG, you may be 100% right. They still have a roster that is very talented especially if they add a little more size but Willard just doesn't thrill me

Marillac

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 06:12:26 PM »

They've got a ton of talent.  Desi Rodriguez will be really good.  Carrington as well.  Angel Delgado is already really good and would destroy the MAAC.  Whitehead has nobody left to fight with. 

TONYD3

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »
I think Willard is a good game coach. Very tough to win at seton hall. He should have waited for a different job. Don't think he ever gets a big time chance again .

goredmen

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 08:41:33 PM »
I think Willard is a good game coach. Very tough to win at seton hall. He should have waited for a different job. Don't think he ever gets a big time chance again .

Different job? He wasn't exactly amazingly successful at Iona. Cluess has done way better than Willard and he hasn't been in serious consideration for other jobs

Marillac

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 10:13:11 PM »

This current group can win if Whitehead has grown up.  Desi is going to be a menace...Pointer senior year type stuff.  Willard just has to make a few savvy additions and these guys could compete for an Elite Eight in two years if everyone stays.