Mustapha Heron - Auburn Transfer - ST. JOHN’S

• 289 replies

Wods317

Re: Mustapha Heron - 6'4'' SG, Waterbury CT - AUBURN
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2015, 04:02:03 PM »
Wasn't worth the hassle guys. He's a great player but this is a new era at St. John's. There is a strong chance there will be two commits within two weeks. One for sure.

Would have to think Ponds and Yakwe, would be great to get them this early.

« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2015, 04:40:06 PM »
Would like to thank Dave and several other who follow recruiting. I'm 3200 mile away from Jamaica    and closing in on 60 years since I started at SJU. About 3 weeks ago I posted we would get Pound & Ahmed and would lose the other 3.

My guess at a minimum it will at least 2 years before we can compete for the elite high school players.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:16:09 PM by 96 Schermerhorn Street »

« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2015, 10:31:42 AM »
Congratulations to Heron...and thanks for not jerking the staffs around for a year as some others have done.  Class act!!

« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2015, 01:10:52 PM »
Congratulations to Heron...and thanks for not jerking the staffs around for a year as some others have done.  Class act!!
well at least he jumped before the season no need for free tickets

ras

« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2015, 06:14:07 PM »
Can't  say I'm happy about loosing Heron. Really wanted him. That said, maybe  since Ponds doesn't have to worry about competing w him for PT, we are more enticing.

Gumby

« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2015, 06:27:41 PM »
Why Auburn?

I thought Heron would be a one and done or a two and done college player.  So why Auburn?

While I was disappointed with him not going to St. John's with Slice and Coach Mullin, I still do not see Auburn as his destination.

I would have thought playing under one of the best SG in college history would have only enhanced Heron's chances in the Pro's.

I could see him going to Kentucky where everyone, including the towel guy and ball guy, were drafted.  But Auburn?

Does he think that Pearl will let him score 25 points each night, to help his pro contract?

His college choice just does not make sense.

But hey, we are talking about kids making, what amounts to, adult decisions.

« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2015, 07:35:09 PM »
It doesn't sound like Heron made a rash decision without input from his parents.  He did what he felt was best for him.  Disappointing but we shouldn't knock the kid.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:50:36 PM by simplyred »

« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »
Heron to St. John's was never really close to happening. It had some potential but it never really gained any momentum. Move on SJU has a lot of good things going on right now.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2015, 08:42:47 AM »
Heron to St. John's was never really close to happening. It had some potential but it never really gained any momentum. Move on SJU has a lot of good things going on right now.

Then the staff shouldnt have been saying so...............
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »

The staff never said anything about Heron.  They are not allowed to say anything about potential recruits until they sign.  Anything you heard was coming form elsewhere.

« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2015, 04:35:30 PM »

The staff never said anything about Heron.  They are not allowed to say anything about potential recruits until they sign.  Anything you heard was coming form elsewhere.
Timely response, not! Was hoping to read that Heron decommitted from Auburn.  :(

Moose

« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2015, 05:16:10 PM »

If you want to believe that sure thing.
If you think staff doesn't talk to scribes off the record that's your prerogative.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2015, 05:32:34 PM »
Who cares about heron.  We lost one option, we work on another. Ponds and Ahmed are equally important for us.  Time to just move on IMO.

« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2015, 05:41:52 PM »
Who cares about heron.  We lost one option, we work on another. Ponds and Ahmed are equally important for us.  Time to just move on IMO.

Exactly. I don't care about this kid. I'm looking forward to never hearing his name again, as he chose a school that no one cares about

Comet

« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2015, 06:19:16 PM »

Exactly. I don't care about this kid. I'm looking forward to never hearing his name again, as he chose a school that no one cares about

Basketball is behind
Auburn  Football
High School football
Auburn Spring practice
Auburn Football recruiting
then they will look at Auburn Basketball

QuanMan

« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2018, 10:53:04 AM »
As appealing as this is we only have one ship left and need a big badly for next season's success.

Adam Zagoria‏Verified account @AdamZagoria 

Following Following @AdamZagoria

 More

Auburn’s Mustapha Heron will withdraw from the NBA Draft and transfer, source says. Story coming later.

Section 3
Section 116

Re: Mustapha Heron - Auburn Transfer
« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2018, 10:59:25 AM »
@AdamZagoria
Mustapha Heron is expected to take an official to @StJohnsBBall once he gets his release, per source.

@AdamZagoria
Heron’s visit could happen as soon as today, per source.

« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2018, 06:56:28 PM »
seems like this will be a good fit for us - yes we need a big badly but at this point it seems like slim pickins

« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2018, 08:12:38 PM »
Looks like Ponds and Heron worked out for the Nuggets together.  Did Ponds get in his ear?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!