Basketball Oldtimers Of America Dinner May 1st

• 8 replies
Basketball Oldtimers Of America Dinner May 1st
« on: April 04, 2015, 10:14:18 AM »
2015 Inductees include Bob McIntyre and Ken McIntyre(Posthumously) this ensures a strong St. John's turnout. It will take place at Sirico's restaurant, 8023 13th Ave. Brooklyn, N.Y.12228. Drinks(open bar) at 6:00pm-Dinner at 7:00pm. $95 per ticket. Reserve Tickets @ 917-476-7444 or pay at door with cash or check. Paultzman please get this out to the other site. JPM114 and I would love to see you and whoever else you bring along. It's always a fun night and we can celebrate the new era of St. John's Basketball.

Poison

Re: Basketball Oldtimers Of America Dinner May 1st
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 10:46:03 AM »
2015 Inductees include Bob McIntyre and Ken McIntyre(Posthumously) this ensures a strong St. John's turnout. It will take place at Sirico's restaurant, 8023 13th Ave. Brooklyn, N.Y.12228. Drinks(open bar) at 6:00pm-Dinner at 7:00pm. $95 per ticket. Reserve Tickets @ 917-476-7444 or pay at door with cash or check. Paultzman please get this out to the other site. JPM114 and I would love to see you and whoever else you bring along. It's always a fun night and we can celebrate the new era of St. John's Basketball.

What are they being inducted into?

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 10:47:55 AM »
Will do!

redslope

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »

Is this the event that used to be held at Bishop Ford???

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »
Was until last year.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 10:28:19 AM »
Anyone else going tonight?

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 02:19:13 PM »
How did it go?   I would do anything kill to be at that event honoring Bobby and Ken, whom I have always thought was consistently StJ's best player ever in MSG. Kenny consistently lit it up and rarely had an average game in the Garden.  Memory fails me but at one point he had some 22 free throws in a row in one stretch. He was a guy who loved a crowd and always performed when the curtains opened up "in Macy's window".
Coach Lapchick loved him and I found him to be the best enthusiastic and most energetic personality  (along w/D'Angelo Harrison) that I have  met in 60 years of our basketball program. He approached everything with confidence; when he entered a room you would think he was a king. Funny, he had such positive thinking that he might have even agreed with that. He was fun!
Any one have a report on the night?

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 01:05:59 PM »
How did it go?   I would do anything kill to be at that event honoring Bobby and Ken, whom I have always thought was consistently StJ's best player ever in MSG. Kenny consistently lit it up and rarely had an average game in the Garden.  Memory fails me but at one point he had some 22 free throws in a row in one stretch. He was a guy who loved a crowd and always performed when the curtains opened up "in Macy's window".
Coach Lapchick loved him and I found him to be the best enthusiastic and most energetic personality  (along w/D'Angelo Harrison) that I have  met in 60 years of our basketball program. He approached everything with confidence; when he entered a room you would think he was a king. Funny, he had such positive thinking that he might have even agreed with that. He was fun!
Any one have a report on the night?

I was not there but heard it was a nice evening, as it always is...

I saw an SJU picture posted on Twtitter but didn't see Coach Mullin in it...   I did see Terecnce Mullin in there with Coach Carnesecca...

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 06:19:25 PM »
It was a great night for St. John's and N.YC. basketball. Jack Kaiser was in attendance along with coach Lou both looking remarkably well and having  a good time. Bob Mcintyre was gracious in accepting his and brother Ken's induction. Still looks like he can get up and down court more than a few times. Slice was there along with former St. John's stars Bill Schaeffer and Ed Searcy, each getting a warm welcome from the crowd of 250. There was also a very large positive vibe about our program and Chris that started at the cocktail party and continued through out the evening. It's a not miss event and I hope see you see next year.