Greg Williams-6'3" G Lafayette, LA - ST. JOHN’S

• 214 replies

Marillac

Re: Greg Williams-6'3" G Lafayette, LA - ST. JOHN’S
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2018, 09:48:53 AM »
Greg reminds me of the Khyri Thomas, and other lower rated recruits who end up going to other schools in the Big East then turn into great college players. I think he's going to be a real difference maker down the road.

He’s a 4 star on some of the sites. He will have an impact right away hopefully.

True. The guard rotation looks to be pretty crowded next year. I wonder what the pecking order will be. If everyone returns you would have Ponds and Simon as the starters, and maybe a third guard depending how the roster turns out. Then you have Trimble, Williams, and Dixon. Wonder how the minutes will be split among those three guys. Also looks like they're recruiting anther guard for next year in McGowens. Maybe the staff is anticipating Trimble leaving or Ponds going to the NBA?

Trimble came to school already fat. If he doesn’t get into shape, he’s nothing more than a chucked, and he wasn’t even good at that. Should depend on his commitment to improving his conditioning and his game. We have no idea what he can do outside of his jumper because he’s so fat he can’t move.

Shame on you for fat shaming the kid.  You suck as a fan and a liberal.  Be better

Trimble should call the Powell kid from SHU and ask what a difference it makes when you are actually in shape vs. out of shape...

Trimble needs to lose 15 - 20lbs...    don't forget, Coach Mullin was a fitness freak as a  player after he returned from rehab. He was always among league leaders in minutes played, regularly rode stationary bike for an hour after playing 40 minutes and he is not going to stand for kids being out of shape.

Powell is a much better player fat or in shape.

« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2018, 09:49:31 AM »
I wouldn't mind if Williams turned into Paris Horne

« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2018, 10:15:03 AM »
I wouldn't mind if he turned into Ray Allen.  I mean if we are just speculating on a player who has not played a minute of college ball why not go for broke right?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:12:30 AM by fordham96 »

« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
I wouldn't mind if he turned into Ray Allen.  I mean if we are just speculating on a player who has not played a minute of college ball why not go for broker right?

I'll take that too. But If I set the bar lower,maybe we will be pleasantly surprised

TONYD3

« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2018, 10:56:51 AM »
That is what I was thinking. Problem this team needs senior Paris not freshman Paris.

« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2018, 10:59:45 AM »
That is what I was thinking. Problem this team needs senior Paris not freshman Paris.

No it needs junior shamorie ponds. Freshmen Horne would be just fine.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2018, 11:06:06 AM »

No it needs junior shamorie ponds. Freshmen Horne would be just fine.
Without ponds. Season ends before it begins. As does complete rebuild.  Even with ponds can’t play 4 vs 4 half court. Need to find some capable BIG east players. I am so thankful for a full roster, never have to hear about cupards again. Depth is going to be a problem unless someone or a few someone step up.

Marillac

« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »

Junior Simon brings a lot of what senior Horne did. He may not be as good the ball defensively, but he gets the deflections, causes some panic, passes better, and he rebounds far better. If the staff ever used him as an offensive rebounding threat, look out.

goredmen

« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2018, 08:02:06 PM »

Junior Simon brings a lot of what senior Horne did. He may not be as good the ball defensively, but he gets the deflections, causes some panic, passes better, and he rebounds far better. If the staff ever used him as an offensive rebounding threat, look out.

Staff needs to watch how Roy Williams utilizes Theo Pinson. Simon has a similar skillset to Pinson and Roy is getting the most out of Pinson there. Obviously different skill level of players around him but Pinson still taking control of games on both ends against elite teams.

TONYD3

« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2018, 08:03:01 PM »

If we could so how find a JUCO PG who could play. My entire perspective would change.

paultzman

« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »
Williams will help a lot next season with his defense & interest in rebounding. A very good player in time!
https://twitter.com/jamesbewers/status/980453155367542784?s=21

« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2018, 02:51:49 PM »
Williams will help a lot next season with his defense & interest in rebounding. A very good player in time!
Will help a lot next season or will be a very good player in time?

paultzman

« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2018, 02:58:17 PM »
Will help a lot next season or will be a very good player in time?
Should help next season

QuanMan

« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2018, 10:41:43 AM »
Can't wait to see this kid develop over 4y with Chris:

https://twitter.com/CollinKushner/status/1015439703548596225
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2018, 11:53:47 AM »
IDK about this kid...he hasn't tried pizza or bagels??? WTF???  :)