Javier Carter - PF - Parish Episcopal School - Dallas, TX - SOUTH ALABAMA

• 4 replies

kjd01067

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=834855

Blue Zertuche
TexasHoops.com

It was no secret that coming into the July evaluation period that 6-foot-8, 205-pound forward, Javier Carter from Parish Episcopal (Dallas), was going to turn some heads with his strong and athletic built. His play in July has turned out an amazing 21 offers from conferences ranging from low-to-mid major programs. Carter never realized that he was going to be this popular of a player until recently finishing his first ever summer basketball traveling with G2S Magic.

Carter will narrow his list down of schools this weekend.
"I am very surprised by how many teams are interested in me playing basketball for them," said Carter. "Just to think that a few years ago I was on the verge of quitting the sport because I never got any playing time at Plano East on the JV squad."

Carter's fortune changed he said after he decided to play with the G2S Magic this past summer.

"Coach Ron McNealy and Keith Howell are great people and coaches. They showed me that they cared about me as a player and a person and that I had the ability to be a good basketball player. After a few tournaments I too realized that basketball was going to be a chance for me to earn a scholarship to help my family out. My older brother, Cecilio (Carter) is attending Air Force Academy as a football player and I want to be just as successful as he is."

Even with all the offers and interest that Carter has received, he says that there is many areas that he sees that needs improvement.

"I played just ok in July. I see where I need to get strong and work on conditioning and my vertical. It was tiring to play in so many tournaments and travel. I know it helped me but I am enjoying the rest I am getting."

Carter continues to add that this weekend he will sit down with his family and with coach Howell and McNealy to cut his list of schools down to ten or even five. Carter has a few teams in his mind that will make the list, but will keep it quiet until then.

His offers are as followed according to Coach McNealy. South Alabama, SFA, UTSA, Texas State, Tulane, UTA, Wright State, Sam Houston State, Northwestern State, Southeastern Louisiana, North Texas, Murray State, Louisiana Monroe, Albany, Southern, Prairie View, Colgate, San Francisco, Lehigh, Manhattan, and Howard.

Also showing interest are, UAB, SMU, Tulsa, UTEP, St. John's, TCU, and UNC Greensboro.

With so many programs to choose from, Carter will base his decision to cut his list down from the research he has done.

"I haven't been on any visits, so I am going to base my list on the research I have done over the internet and through the conversations I have had with coaches from the teams that are recruiting me. By far, the education is a huge priority. I want to study Business or Kinesiology, which most universities have. Also, the relationships that I have built through phone calls have given me an opportunity to get comfortable with the coaching staff. And I have sorted through a lot of mail."

Texas Hoops Analysis:JAVIER is a very solid built interior player that can run the floor and finish over defenders. He uses his long lean frame to battle for rebounds on both ends of the court. He is quick off his feet and has good instinct for blocking shots. Carter can put the ball on the floor and shoots with a soft touch 15-18 feet out. He is still learning the game, but has the ability to become an impact player at the next level.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:15:36 PM by kjd01067 »

kjd01067

Re: Javier Carter - PF - Parish Episcopal School - Dallas, TX
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=866859

"I just committed to South Alabama," said Carter. "I knew I wanted to be done with this process as soon as possible. It came down to my gut feeling and coach (Ronnie) Arrow is a great coach that has won everywhere he has been."

OH man, Norm loses another one. This kid is going to be the next Charles Barkley  ::)

kjd01067

OH man, Norm loses another one. This kid is going to be the next Charles Barkley  ::)

and the beat goes on lol
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 01:28:44 PM by kjd01067 »

right...he just needs to gain 150 pounds.