Ron Artest III

• 14 replies

paultzman

Tha Kid

Re: Ron Artest III
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 09:01:06 AM »
https://twitter.com/joshgershon/status/824101291429240832

He certainly has the athleticism and genes.  Sounds like he got interested in basketball late.   Hopefully someone gives him a schollie.
"I drink and I know things"

derk

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 11:15:16 AM »
Speaking of father / son combos, whatever happened to Rowan's kid. Went to NC State I think but never turned out as good as predicted.

goredmen

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:18:16 AM »
Speaking of father / son combos, whatever happened to Rowan's kid. Went to NC State I think but never turned out as good as predicted.

He's good, he starts for them as a Soph and is doing decent. Gottfried isn't a very good coach but he runs him off screens all day to get him shots. If he was here he would probably just stand in the corner and wait for the ball to come to him to force up a contested 3

derk

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 11:25:37 AM »

He's good, he starts for them as a Soph and is doing decent. Gottfried isn't a very good coach but he runs him off screens all day to get him shots. If he was here he would probably just stand in the corner and wait for the ball to come to him to force up a contested 3

The lack of movement kills us. I don't understand why it takes such an effort for these kids to run in the half court. After crossing half court they all go to the "assigned" spot for their position, and  pass the ball around the circle until someone puts up a bad, contested shot. Just horrible to watch and easy to defend.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 01:14:48 PM »

I saw him the other night.  He was hitting big free throws late just the other night to seal the upset win over Puke at Cameron.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »
Have heard some positive things about Ron's son talent wise.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 09:58:37 PM »
Is it too late for St.John's to start pretending that they care about the Artest family?

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 10:11:11 PM »
Is it too late for St.John's to start pretending that they care about the Artest family?

When Artest played for the Knicks he was on campus a little. Even recorded a video message that aired during games to pump up the crowd.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 10:17:33 PM »
I have no idea what his skill level is or how he plays, but he's got the size and athletic ability to make it as a Big East PF in a few years if he does nothing more than  hustle and commit to defense like his dad. Looks like a tailor made preferred walkon with potential to earn a ship year two.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 10:54:40 AM »
Only way I'd take him if he's a walk-on
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 06:17:23 PM »
I would go to the other extreme would take him as a partial qualified in a minute. You know he'll board

Poison

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »

When Artest played for the Knicks he was on campus a little. Even recorded a video message that aired during games to pump up the crowd.

Artest was a Knick? Did you dream that?

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 06:55:03 PM »

Most of my Knicks fandom feels like a dream.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 09:52:57 PM »

2013 you could look it up.