Eugene “Built Ford Tough” Lawrence INTERVIEW

• 5 replies
Eugene “Built Ford Tough” Lawrence INTERVIEW
« on: August 04, 2008, 02:42:02 PM »
http://www.bouncemag.com/2008/08/04/eugene-lawrence-st-johns-brooklyn-streetball-nike-1-anthony-mason-jr/#more-1470

Eugene “Built Ford Tough” Lawrence is known around the city for his muscular physique, crazy handle, court vision and toughness on the defensive end. We had the chance to catch up and discuss the way basketball is played in Brooklyn, and his future after playing for four years at St. John’s University.

Randy Millard: In one sentence define Brooklyn Basketball.

Eugene Lawrence: Brooklyn basketball is straight up and down the jungle.

RM: How does Brooklyn differ from basketball being played in Queens, Harlem, the Bronx?

EL: Brooklyn has a different mentality. We don’t care who you are and where you’re from. You step on the court against us, it’s going down.

RM: Since you finished at St. John’s University, what do you have planned?

EL: Right now, I am going to Italy for an exposure tournament. Besides that, I am just out here playing in anything I can in the city.

RM: If you had the chance to play in the backcourt with anyone in the city, who would it be and why?

EL: It would have to be with anyone from Brooklyn because I know no matter who we play against and where we’re at, I know we are going to play hard until the end of the game.

RM: Do you have any shout outs?

EL: I would like to shout out my family and friends, Junie Sanders, Mookie, Levance Fields, Gary Ervin, Young Mase (Anthony Mason Jr.), St. John’s, Nike-1 and the whole entire Brownsville.

Randy Millard is currently enrolled at Norfolk St. University in Virginia where he argues every lunch period about how great Brooklyn is. He is happy to be home for the summer.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:42:58 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

pmg911

Re: Eugene “Built Ford Tough” Lawrence INTERVIEW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:06:31 PM »
http://www.bouncemag.com/2008/08/04/eugene-lawrence-st-johns-brooklyn-streetball-nike-1-anthony-mason-jr/#more-1470

Eugene “Built Ford Tough” Lawrence is known around the city for his muscular physique, crazy handle, court vision and toughness on the defensive end. .

The interview lost me after this ...    crazy handle & court vision...    PLEASE

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 03:53:13 PM »

Eugene “Built Ford Tough” Lawrence is known around the city for his muscular physique, crazy handle, court vision and toughness on the defensive end. .
The interview lost me after this ...    crazy handle & court vision...    PLEASE
He may've meant it literally. You missed some of these gems.

fan says:

He reminds me of Chauncey Billups. His game definitely reps BK all day. It’s in the water.

Bobbito Garcia a.k.a. Kool Bob Love says:

eugene has definitely emerged this summer as a player to watch for in the unlimited division. he’s been killin’ in pro city, and i suspect he’ll be like many others before him and just keep getting better and better.

August 4th, 2008 at 12:00 pm

splash20 says:

that lincoln team he was on was crazy. it was him, sebastian, and antonio pena, who now plays for nova. they beat cardozo in the finals their senior year and it was gino, not sebastian, who took home mvp honors.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 05:58:53 PM »
italy...good for him.  i'm sure he'll catch on with a great situation.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 08:18:47 AM »
Much respct to a tru NYC St. John playa and student.
Doin Bklyn proud son. Borough of Kings just put out another one. Best believe.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 11:42:22 AM »

Gotta go with pmg on this one.. :o ;) ;D .. I guess in Brooklyn the word "crazy" means "terrible" & the phrase "court vision" translates to "turnover machine"..  :D .. btw - i have all the respect in the world for this kid & it wasn't his fault that he was the starting pg for the last few years. But let's be real here folks... he had maybe the WORST senior season of any SJU player i have ever seen & i'm ECSTATIC that he's gone... God bless u geno, u done what u could... good luck in Italy!!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS