Big East Tournament

• 6 replies
Big East Tournament
« on: February 24, 2019, 06:25:12 AM »
As of now it be 3 seed St. John's vs 6 Butler at 930 pm on the Thursday night. IMO, I think St Johns is locked into the 3, every spot below is still up for grabs. Who do you want to face in the first game and who would you want to avoid? For me, I want no part of Georgetown. Prediction, SJU vs Marquette for the Championship

LoganK

Re: Big East Tournament
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 07:11:54 AM »
As of now it be 3 seed St. John's vs 6 Butler at 930 pm on the Thursday night. IMO, I think St Johns is locked into the 3, every spot below is still up for grabs. Who do you want to face in the first game and who would you want to avoid? For me, I want no part of Georgetown. Prediction, SJU vs Marquette for the Championship
Want to face Creighton.  Want no part of Providence or Depaul.  Providence because they owned us twice, and Depaul because of the seed damaging implications of a loss.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 07:42:16 AM »
I’m pretty sure Xavier controls their own destiny to get the 3 seed. Crazy conference season.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 08:29:37 AM »
Need 1 win in final 3 games to lock up 3 seed

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 08:41:37 AM »
I’m pretty sure Xavier controls their own destiny to get the 3 seed. Crazy conference season.

Didn't know that. What do they need to do?

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 09:06:39 AM »
If they win out, (home v nova, us x2, v Butler.) then they would be 9-9 and the best we could be is 9-9. The only reason they control their own destiny is because they play us twice. Of course we could say we control our own destiny as well for the 3rd but I don’t think any other teams can.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 09:47:18 PM »
There is no easy game in the Big East this season. I can't look at any game as a lock for anybody. On the flip side, we're good enough to beat every team in the conference on our night. Just need to put three nights in a row together.