#31 @ Xavier

• 74 replies

Johnny23

Re: #31 @ Xavier
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2019, 09:30:24 AM »
The best hire we have made in 25 years was Fran. We need a coach who is hungry. We have not recruited locally well in 22 years.

We got a guy in the same state who, like Fran, would be coming from a mid major where he made a name for himself. That guy is Nate Oats. There's others like him out there too. For some reason this program goes out of their way to pick guys who have no coaching experience or who have struggled at previous stops. Makes no sense.

They lose Wednesday and they do not deserve to get an invite to the dance. Then the focus shifts to Cragg and we see how much clout he really has.

cjfish

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2019, 09:40:02 AM »
Mullin needs to go. He is trash. I'm 33 and never saw him play a game. I'd take 500 years of Lavin over one game of a has-been.

He is yesterdays news, he wouldnt even be a bench player in basketball these days. He played before there was a 3 point line. He is, was and still is TRASH.

I agree his coaching is awful but he would thrive in today’s nba.  I saw every be tourney game he played in and he was a heady player with unbelievable offensive instincts. You don’t know what you’re talking about, check his stats. Not hof game for nothing.

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2019, 12:19:10 PM »
We got a guy in the same state who, like Fran, would be coming from a mid major where he made a name for himself. That guy is Nate Oats. There's others like him out there too. For some reason this program goes out of their way to pick guys who have no coaching experience or who have struggled at previous stops. Makes no sense.

They lose Wednesday and they do not deserve to get an invite to the dance. Then the focus shifts to Cragg and we see how much clout he really has.
WISDOM

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2019, 12:28:42 PM »
I like to think I'm very positive and upbeat always about the Johnnies, I went to the BET the year we won EIGHT games. But man I don't think I've ever been as down and apathetic about the program than I am right now. Shocking collapse but then again maybe not.

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2019, 03:16:43 PM »
It’s been a detriment to Ponds playing in this system.
He leads the conference in assist/turnover ratio and steals. He's second in assists, third in scoring and fifth in free throw percentage.

Any player anywhere would sign up to be the feature in this type of detrimental system.

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2019, 03:55:30 PM »
He leads the conference in assist/turnover ratio and steals. He's second in assists, third in scoring and fifth in free throw percentage.

Any player anywhere would sign up to be the feature in this type of detrimental system.

If not for Mullin Ponds would be a lottery pick.

SJUFAN

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2019, 06:22:43 PM »

You forgot 19-35, his BE record. They would sign up for that? How has those numbers translated to his draft status?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 09:02:27 PM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2019, 09:25:51 PM »
If not for Mullin Ponds would be a lottery pick.

That's crazy. 

He has the ball in his hands the entire game and gets to jack up a ton of shots from virtually anywhere on the court. Playing at St. John's has been the ideal showcase for his talents and a dream scenario for him outside of the losing.

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2019, 09:27:37 PM »
You forgot 19-35, his BE record. They would sign up for that? How has those numbers translated to his draft status?

That record is on him, the staff and the other players. They are all in it together and all responsible for it.

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2019, 10:15:52 PM »
That's crazy. 

He has the ball in his hands the entire game and gets to jack up a ton of shots from virtually anywhere on the court. Playing at St. John's has been the ideal showcase for his talents and a dream scenario for him outside of the losing.

Come on man. I’m kidding. We’re on the same page here.

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2019, 02:11:47 AM »
Come on man. I’m kidding. We’re on the same page here.

My bad.  I didn't catch the sarcasm.

There are 150 players in the league and one Pre-season conference player of the year and it was him.  He's featured in the marketing campaign everywhere and a 30 ft. picture of him is on the marquis at MSG. 

Really now - people will just say and make up anything to bad mouth our programs Babe Ruth.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:26:34 AM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2019, 02:20:31 AM »
Did anybody else notice that Mullin wasn't on his feet complaining to the refs the entire game in this one? It was strange. Conversation with Puke AD? I wonder what gives?

SJUFAN

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2019, 03:15:45 AM »

There are 150 players in the league and one Pre-season conference player of the year and it was him.  He's featured in the marketing campaign everywhere and a 30 ft. picture of him is on the marquis at MSG. 

Really now - people will just say and make up anything to bad mouth our programs Babe Ruth.

Babe Ruth won World Series. Ponds has never finished higher than 7th place in his collegiate career. Is that because he isn’t that good? Or is it because the staff has done a terrible job developing him and show casing his talents? Ponds reminds me of Kenny Anderson. The difference is Anderson went #2 overall in the draft while Ponds may have to lace them up professionally in Istanbul. Those accolades will mean shit to Ponds if that is the case.

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2019, 05:13:01 AM »
Babe Ruth won World Series. Ponds has never finished higher than 7th place in his collegiate career. Is that because he isn’t that good? Or is it because the staff has done a terrible job developing him and show casing his talents? Ponds reminds me of Kenny Anderson. The difference is Anderson went #2 overall in the draft while Ponds may have to lace them up professionally in Istanbul. Those accolades will mean shit to Ponds if that is the case.

My bad again. By Babe Ruth of the program I of course meant Coach Mullin.  Ponds is more Roger Maris.

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2019, 08:55:51 PM »

Simple math. Ten Teams, 13 scholarship players per team. 10 X 13=130