Realistically- How do we finish this year?

• 6 replies
Realistically- How do we finish this year?
« on: June 04, 2019, 12:01:38 PM »
With the MA hiring and how he was able to keep much of the core intact that I thought for sure would be gonners (LJ and Heron) plus the decent talent we had already coming in and his recent depth adds- I am saying 21 wins and making it to round of 32. I also see us being a better player in BE tournament maybe semis and perhaps overall finish 3rd in BE.

What do you guys think? I do note that in year 2 I expect a massive step back and rebuild but I think MA is a good enough coach to bring us back to being consistent with time.

Re: Realistically- How do we finish this year?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
With the MA hiring and how he was able to keep much of the core intact that I thought for sure would be gonners (LJ and Heron) plus the decent talent we had already coming in and his recent depth adds- I am saying 21 wins and making it to round of 32. I also see us being a better player in BE tournament maybe semis and perhaps overall finish 3rd in BE.

What do you guys think? I do note that in year 2 I expect a massive step back and rebuild but I think MA is a good enough coach to bring us back to being consistent with time.
I think a lot depends on what he does with the final two scholarships.  If we are able to land Thornton to be our starting pg and maybe another grad transfer big like Moustapha Diagne then I think your rd of 32 prediction is completely within reason.  I think Eli Wright and McGriff (in a backup pg role) will be huge additions.  It will be exciting to see if Josh Roberts and Williams take big steps forward in their progressions now that they're being coached by a real staff.

As currently constructed though I think this team would fall in the 16-18 win total.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 01:09:32 PM by colelatshaw2010 »

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »
I think a lot depends on what he does with the final two scholarships.  If we are able to land Thornton to be our starting pg and maybe another grad transfer big like Moustapha Diagne then I think your rd of 32 prediction is completely within reason.

I don't know the deal with Diagne, but he's averaged less than a point per game in his last 33 games over the past two seasons.  He scored only 5 points this past season. 

He'll be 24 years old once the season starts, so this is probably the best it'll get for him.  I'll pass, even if it's for one season. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 02:18:36 PM by mjdinkins »

cjfish

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 02:23:19 PM »
I think a lot depends on what he does with the final two scholarships.  If we are able to land Thornton to be our starting pg and maybe another grad transfer big like Moustapha Diagne then I think your rd of 32 prediction is completely within reason.  I think Eli Wright and McGriff (in a backup pg role) will be huge additions.  It will be exciting to see if Josh Roberts and Williams take big steps forward in their progressions now that they're being coached by a real staff.

Im thinking 20 wins, maybe more if PG works out.  Heron and Fig should thrive as the focii and number could be higher depending on guard play in general

As currently constructed though I think this team would fall in the 16-18 win total.

sju89tr

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 03:42:55 PM »
Need a point guard and any sort of 4/5 - hopefully both as grad transfers so that it does not clog up the 2020 recruiting

We have those 2 ships plus only Heron's spot so three ships next year is key in order to balance the classes

This team as currently constructed will be at best a .500 squad

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »
Need a point guard and any sort of 4/5 - hopefully both as grad transfers so that it does not clog up the 2020 recruiting

We have those 2 ships plus only Heron's spot so three ships next year is key in order to balance the classes

This team as currently constructed will be at best a .500 squad
100% agree on everything said.  Would love to have the last two spots be grad transfers to help the team perform this coming year and then have those two slots re-opened once CMA and staff have had the opportunity to recruit some higher level hs kids for an entire year.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 04:49:23 PM »
It all depends on how the last two spots are used.