Anderson substitutions and timeouts

• 7 replies

TONYD3

Anderson substitutions and timeouts
« on: January 21, 2020, 09:49:11 AM »
This year we actually have depth. The quality is in question. We are playing tough. But we are losing close games. Our better players need to stay out of foul trouble. In my opinion we should have at least 2 out of Dunn, LJ, and heron out there at all times. Williams has been playing well he should get more minutes.
Steer in his limited minutes looked better the sears.
At this time I think sears and caraher should sit. Caraher plays hard and is smart. But he can’t score and isn’t a good defender.
We have 4 timeouts. I think coach should use them to give rest. As stated multiple times it’s not like he is a wizard at drawing plays up.
We can’t compete with the second unit getting all those minutes.

Re: Anderson substitutions and timeouts
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 10:03:23 PM »
This year we actually have depth. The quality is in question. We are playing tough. But we are losing close games. Our better players need to stay out of foul trouble. In my opinion we should have at least 2 out of Dunn, LJ, and heron out there at all times. Williams has been playing well he should get more minutes.
Steer in his limited minutes looked better the sears.
At this time I think sears and caraher should sit. Caraher plays hard and is smart. But he can’t score and isn’t a good defender.
We have 4 timeouts. I think coach should use them to give rest. As stated multiple times it’s not like he is a wizard at drawing plays up.
We can’t compete with the second unit getting all those minutes.

And leaving heron on bench last four minutes of half after his best stretch all year...ugh

TONYD3

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 10:05:23 PM »

And leaving heron on bench last four minutes of half after his best stretch all year...ugh
We took our only time out with 9 seconds left and barely got a shot off.

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 10:38:48 PM »
Caraher is no bum. The kid plays hard and makes smart plays. He doesn’t belong here. Game is to fast

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 12:27:12 AM »
I agree that Anderson should cut the rotation down. His sub patterns have been confusing. He is taking out guys even when they're playing well and in a groove. His lack of timeouts have cost us atleast one victory.

TONYD3

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 11:00:09 AM »
I agree that Anderson should cut the rotation down. His sub patterns have been confusing. He is taking out guys even when they're playing well and in a groove. His lack of timeouts have cost us atleast one victory.

agree

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 09:19:37 AM »
Anderson will always play several players, he has always substituted starters even when they were on fire, he will never change his style, he is glued to his system, either love it or not but complaints want change it.

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 07:26:35 PM »
Not saying steer or sears are any good. But their center was killing us. Any reason why neither guy got a minute. Champanie couldn’t guard him at all.
Caraher only played 9 minutes. He actually scored. Never need to see him in a game again.