Get Josh Roberts Minutes

• 11 replies
Get Josh Roberts Minutes
« on: May 24, 2020, 12:56:54 PM »
This is great article, woulda been amazing in good playing time. sidelinesports.report/2020/05/23/petition-for-josh-roberts-to-get-more-minutes/

Re: Get Josh Roberts Minutes
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 10:09:11 PM »
If Josh was an upperclassman I could understand the quick pulls however the upside of a young team growing together wasn't worth it. He was impressive in nonconference play and brought an element that no one else on the team possessed. Hopefully with his experience from last year he can sustain his level of play against better competition like the Seton Hall game.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Poison

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 10:59:03 PM »
If Josh was an upperclassman I could understand the quick pulls however the upside of a young team growing together wasn't worth it. He was impressive in nonconference play and brought an element that no one else on the team possessed. Hopefully with his experience from last year he can sustain his level of play against better competition like the Seton Hall game.

I think the BE season was too much for him. He wasn’t able to keep up on defense and his offensive game, although improved, has a long way to go. He can’t play with his back to the basket, so if you box him out, he’s not doing anything offensively.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 08:52:22 AM »
I think Josh Roberts is going to be more Chris Obebpka (without the blocks) than Tyrique Jones.  That could still be ok, but he has to learn to play in his lane effectively. 

Poison

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 02:51:24 PM »
I think Josh Roberts is going to be more Chris Obebpka (without the blocks) than Tyrique Jones.  That could still be ok, but he has to learn to play in his lane effectively. 

I think you’re probably right. Every big man should have some post up game of some kind. At least one move they can go to. Roberts didn’t have that.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 05:59:14 PM »
Would love to see Josh play 16-20 minutes a game and would be pleased with the following:

PPG-8-10
RPG-6-7
BLKS-1.3

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 09:05:23 PM »
Josh also has to strengthen his core; his abdomen and upper legs. In league play, he gets boxed out and pushed out of the paint. A jump hook would be nice, too.

Foad

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 09:21:37 PM »
Would love to see Josh play 16-20 minutes a game and would be pleased with the following:

PPG-8-10
RPG-6-7
BLKS-1.3

NPOTY in waiting Walter Berry averaged as a junior 17 points and nine rebounds a game in 34 minutes. David Russell averaged 15 and 7 as a senior in 34 MPG. And you'd be pleased to see about to be nothing Josh Roberts average 10 points and seven rebounds in half those minutes. I'd say that you're delusional but that would be a disservice to all the homeless people lying in their own feces and mumbling to themselves in the train tunnels under Penn Station.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 09:29:51 PM »
NPOTY in waiting Walter Berry averaged as a junior 17 points and nine rebounds a game in 34 minutes. David Russell averaged 15 and 7 as a senior in 34 MPG. And you'd be pleased to see about to be nothing Josh Roberts average 10 points and seven rebounds in half those minutes. I'd say that you're delusional but that would be a disservice to all the homeless people lying in their own feces and mumbling to themselves in the train tunnels under Penn Station.

The Truth didn’t pad his stats against Wagner, New Hampshire and 8 more like them.

Josh Roberts wasn’t the same player against good teams.

QuanMan

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 09:36:49 PM »
A 5th year senior (Toro) and a JUCO All American (Moore) are going to bring the best out of Josh. The roster is 2 deep at every position, competition for minutes is going to be as competitive as we've seen in quite some time.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 10:57:08 PM »

You may be correct....glad to see you are still an ass hat...
This year he was 5PPG and 5.8 RPG so not too far off Beavis

Sometimes your lack of knowledge surprises me...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:00:36 PM by Johnnies93!! »

Foad

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 08:15:21 AM »
Sometimes your lack of knowledge surprises me...

Nothing you don't know surprises me.

Roberts averaged 7 pts and 8 rebounds over his first 14 games (thru 12-31, against one of the worst schedules in college basketball) and 3 pts and 3 rebounds in his last 15. In 10 of his last 15 he scored 2 pts or less including zero points four times. Take away Seton Hall (for some reason he scored 24 points and had 18 rebounds those two games) he averaged 1.6 pts and 2.2 rebounds over his last 13. So I can understand why you'd be pleased if he averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds in 16 mpg. We all would.