Justin Burrell's Hands

• 5 replies
Justin Burrell's Hands
« on: December 22, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »
I love Justin Burrell and expect him to get better and better each year. To me his most costly problem this season has to do with securing the ball when it's delivered to him (I'm talking about good passes not bad ones). I don't know if we have any stats on this but JB has simply lost the ball too many times. I doubt if there's anything wrong with his hands it probably has more to do with his failure to "look the ball into" his hands. It reminds me of a wide receiver who starts running before he has possession of the ball. KOB - have you noticed this as well? If so, is this simply a matter of a freshman trying too hard to make something happen too quickly - or have you seen it before in Burrell? Sometimes just a coach reminding a player to secure possession before he makes a move can correct the situation.

Re: Justin Burrell's Hands
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »
I mean its like in football when you see a receiver trying to run down field before he catches the ball only to drop it. 1 step at a time and I think we'll see improvement here. The game will slow down for Justin and all the freshman with more experience.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 02:10:02 PM »
i wanna see the diff between the beginning of the year and the end of the year.  i think h'ell improve.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 05:47:15 PM »
qcredman - I agree.  He has the biggest hand I have ever shook and I can easily palm a basketball.  Just some pointless info from Baron.

kob24

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 10:18:02 AM »
his 1st few years playing ball h had  problem with it. but his senior year an dprep year it was way better.. i think hes going thru the motions now. coach q needs to correct this. take a extra hour after practice and drill him like football players.i will talk to him today and after christmas we gonna work on a few things.

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 01:18:17 PM »
his 1st few years playing ball h had  problem with it. but his senior year an dprep year it was way better.. i think hes going thru the motions now. coach q needs to correct this. take a extra hour after practice and drill him like football players.i will talk to him today and after christmas we gonna work on a few things.

Thanks, I was hoping you would say that. Merry Christmas to you and to Justin.