who would win?

• 40 replies
Re: who would win?
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 12:07:55 PM »
Was Hatten a Jarvis recruit?

I don't think he was. He was a product of Frashilla via recruitment of Bootsy Thornton.

I think they went to the same junior college.

Hatten played on Jarvis' two LAST teams.  He was absolutely a Jarvis recruit.  Marcus Hatten had never even heard of Talahassee CC when Fraschilla was recruiting Bootsy, as Marcus was still in high school!

Bootsy may have helped Jarvis - as Bootsy was one of Jarvis' former players - but Fraschilla had NOTHING to do with Hatten - it was ALL Jarvis.

OK... so your telling me that there is no connection due to the fact:

(1) Both grew up and lived in Baltimore
(2) Both went to Talahassee CC

This is just my opinion... But sorry but I don't buy that their wasn't some sort of a connection.

I am not saying Jarvis had anything to do with Hatten's recruitment. Hatten obviously signed when Jarvis was the coach. However, I think the seeds were planted way before Jarvis got here!

And the seeds were planted for Fran to get Barkley because we had recruited guys from Riverside Church.  so is every recruit Lou Carnesecca's now because he planted the seeds with AAU programs and high schools?

You sound like you don't understand the concept here...Jarvis was responsible for the ENTIRE recruitment of Marcus Hatten. 

No one goes to St. John's because of a previous coach, they come because of the school and the current one.  If previous coaches had any affect, Syl Landesberg would be playing for St. John's.  Or did Syl want to go to UVA because he loved when pete Gillen coached there?   ::) ::) ::)

I admitted in my previous post Bootsy helped iN marcus' recruitment.  He likely told him that he LOVED PLAYING FOR JARVIS.  It's Jarvis' recruit.  Get a clue.

Kid
Actually I think Johnny 4 life is on to something but he did not think it through enough! I believe Hatten's recruitment should be traced even further back than Bootsy and Fran. If you think about it there would be no relationship between SJU and Talahassee CC if the school was not founded in 1966.
But if you want to dig even deeper into Hatten's recruitment you can't stop there becuase if Florida was not accepted into the Union in 1845, this would be a moot point. HOWEVER, if you dig even further into this you would find that Ponce de Leon should be given credit as it was he who named Florida in 1513.
I however feel that the Ais or Apalachee tribes should ultimately be given the credit for Marcus Hatten's recruitment as they were the first known settlers of the region now known as Florida!
You see Jarvis had nothing to do with it really ;)

You have too much time on your hands  ;)