Lincoln (Lance) v. St. Patrick 7:00 pm Tonight on ESPN2

• 15 replies
Lincoln (Lance) v. St. Patrick 7:00 pm Tonight on ESPN2
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:26:05 PM »
Also a chance to take a look at another recruit Kyrie Irving SG from St. Patrick.

Re: Lincoln (Lance) v. St. Patrick 7:00 pm Tonight on ESPN2
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 02:03:52 PM »
also on at 7pm tonight, Yukon at St. John's from 1999 on SNY.

kob24

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 03:58:11 PM »
forget both of them check out michael gilcrest. world wide west the man who blew up lebron and helped with mj has his hands on this kid.

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:04:34 PM »
forget both of them check out michael gilcrest. world wide west the man who blew up lebron and helped with mj has his hands on this kid.

Lincoln is going to get SMOKED

kob24

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »
nah pmg i think lance carries them

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »
My highschool CBA lost to St. Pat's by 1 this season (no dexter strickland) but they are definitely a beatable team. CBA also beat St. Athony's this year but I wouldn't classify CBA as being that strong of a team.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »
Interesting footnote about CBA

I hope Lance has a huge day at the Nike Event & makes Jordan regret never putting him on the team 
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

kob24

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
LETS GO LANCE NUEVO YORK 4 LLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
My highschool CBA lost to St. Pat's by 1 this season (no dexter strickland) but they are definitely a beatable team. CBA also beat St. Athony's this year but I wouldn't classify CBA as being that strong of a team.
That was also the last game they played without Kyrie Irving.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=911901

"What makes them so tough with [Irving], he shoots it and he's a smart, instinctive player," St. Benedict's coach Dan Hurley said. "He's not just a talented guy that doesn't think the game, which maybe you'd be able to take advantage of. With him, any defensive mistakes that we make he'll take advantage of. He brings a different element to the game, which maybe they didn't have last year.

"The guy's going to be a great player. It's not because he dominates the ball or is playing above the rim. It's because the kid plays both ends of the court. He's got great instincts. He doesn't take bad shots. He carries himself well with his teammates on the court."

St. Patrick coach Kevin Boyle went even further in his praise of Irving.

"Kyrie Irving, when it's all said and done, he will arguably be as good as any guard who's played in New Jersey," Boyle said. "Any guard. Ever. Ever. DaJuan Wagner, Bobby Hurley, Shaheen Holloway. You're talking about a guy who's a great shooter, a great finisher. He's going to be as good as anybody who's played in New Jersey."

One Big East assistant said without pausing: "He's a pro."

Still, Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer said coaches and experts will need to watch more of Irving to get a full picture of how good he can be.

"A lot of scouts are looking forward to watching more of Irving since he got limited exposure this summer and has sat out most of this high school season," Meyer said. "There is no doubt he is a big-time player who is in the upper echelon of guards in the 2010 class. We have him as the No. 4-ranked point guard right now. When a coach with the clout of a Kevin Boyle feels that strongly about a player, you have to take that into consideration."

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 07:53:16 PM »

Lincoln is going to get SMOKED

Yes Gilcrest is oozing with upside I wanted to see him play at the elite 24 but he was not there , this is my first chance & he is a stat sheet filler. My kind of player
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 08:08:49 PM »
Did not know that sleeveless guy. I did not attend the game.

Lincoln is not impressive they play ZERO defense.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 08:53:51 PM »
Irving was the most impressive player in this game

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »
I watched Lance play 12x this year & my assessment would be Mason Jr. with a bad attitude & we saw how many wins Mason got us . If he does not choose St.Johns I hope he goes to the Jayhawks so they can teach him how to play Basketball the right way so hopefully one day he can become an effective NBA player from Brooklyn. If he goes to St.johns he will be here for four years just like Felipe López.

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 09:23:58 PM »
Did not know that sleeveless guy. I did not attend the game.

Lincoln is not impressive they play ZERO defense.
No problem.
My cousin's watched Irving 4 times. He thought tonight was his most tentative and actually his worst game overall.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:24:45 PM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 03:18:43 AM »
I watched Lance play 12x this year & my assessment would be Mason Jr. with a bad attitude & we saw how many wins Mason got us . If he does not choose St.Johns I hope he goes to the Jayhawks so they can teach him how to play Basketball the right way so hopefully one day he can become an effective NBA player from Brooklyn. If he goes to St.johns he will be here for four years just like Felipe López.

Lance hit it on the head with this qutoe and he said it better than me

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/13/lance-talks-kansas-jordan-game-stephenson-strickland-chosen-mcdonalds-all-americans/#more-11807

“I’m thinking about going to play with Bill Self,” Stephenson said. “I think he’ll change me around and [make me] be a smarter player and more focused.”

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 11:13:17 AM »

Lance hit it on the head with this qutoe and he said it better than me

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/13/lance-talks-kansas-jordan-game-stephenson-strickland-chosen-mcdonalds-all-americans/#more-11807

“I’m thinking about going to play with Bill Self,” Stephenson said. “I think he’ll change me around and [make me] be a smarter player and more focused.”
Well, we'll see, but combined with his record, if Norm can't get him LS, there's no reason for Monasch not to seek out other coaching candidates. Landing Stephenson can buy him 1-2 additional years and give the fan base something to hope for and rally around.

He and several other prospects are playing at the Primetime Shootout.

http://www.primetimeshootout.net/sched.html