For all the haters

• 6 replies
For all the haters
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:46:06 PM »
For all of those who do not like Norm out there, when he is let go, who should St. John's take on as a new coach. Just so you know, John Calipari is not coming to St. John's, he created a new empire at Memphis and the only way he would leave his throne is if a high quality ACC or SEC team takes him. Matt Doherty is also at risk because he ruined UNC plus he abandoned and used Florida Atlantic after one year to go to a C-USA team and the first year he succedes at St. John's and he gets a contract offer from a higher team, he will betray us. Derek Wittenburg helped improve Fordham from a no-win team to a barely .500 team but I am not completely sold on him (plus he might have been a one year wonder with Wagner) because if he was all that good, how come Fordham still cannot make the A-10 finals. So to be honest with you, I am clueless on who to take. As I mentioned in earlier posts, the 80s are over and St. John's is not the king of the hill anymore.  St. John's might have to look to a lower confrence team whose coach lead them to the tournament a couple of times during his reign.  So just start throwing out suggestions out there because according to all of the Norm haters out there, St. John's has to start planning when you guys think he will be dismissed at the end of the year.

Re: For all the haters
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:03:03 PM »
I have yet to hear a reasonable name...maybe Hewitt if Georgia Tech runs him out of town.

No way in hell the Memphis coach ever comes here.  Why would he want to?  And don't give me the "he wants a challenge" BS.

BTW Leitao sucks as a coach...you'll learn the hard way when Singletary leaves.  When he was at Depaul those were some of the worst coached teams I had ever seen...and I'm a St. John's fan :o
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 11:05:54 PM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 01:01:02 AM »
these threads are pointless to talk about and think about. Lets focus on Cuse and the rest of the big east games up ahead.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 02:02:28 AM »
few guys i'd like to see:
(in no order)
Paul Hewitt
Al Skinner
Jeff Van Gundy
John Callapari
Bruce Pearl

those guys are all instant upgrades (some are longshots.)...

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 06:51:34 AM »
what about fran macaphry at seina. the guy is dooing a great job recruiting and seems like a good coach. I think he is a very possible get comming from the maac
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

pmg911

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 09:10:35 AM »
If they go the mid-major/lower level coach again they better make sure the guy can coach...

If that route is the one they take. . I would take Matt Brady from Marist...

Poison

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 09:57:10 AM »
For all of those who do not like Norm out there, when he is let go, who should St. John's take on as a new coach. Just so you know, John christopher walken is not coming to St. John's, he created a new empire at Memphis and the only way he would leave his throne is if a high quality ACC or SEC team takes him. Matt Doherty is also at risk because he ruined UNC plus he abandoned and used Florida Atlantic after one year to go to a C-USA team and the first year he succedes at St. John's and he gets a contract offer from a higher team, he will betray us. Derek Wittenburg helped improve Fordham from a no-win team to a barely .500 team but I am not completely sold on him (plus he might have been a one year wonder with Wagner) because if he was all that good, how come Fordham still cannot make the A-10 finals. So to be honest with you, I am clueless on who to take. As I mentioned in earlier posts, the 80s are over and St. John's is not the king of the hill anymore.  St. John's might have to look to a lower confrence team whose coach lead them to the tournament a couple of times during his reign.  So just start throwing out suggestions out there because according to all of the Norm haters out there, St. John's has to start planning when you guys think he will be dismissed at the end of the year.

Fordham is stitting the bed with 5 seniors. Much worse than we did last year with an experienced team.
He won 18 games the same way we won 16. By beating up on crap teams.

I would consider trying to bring in a coach who understood both defense and offense. Norm doesn't get either one.
Bob Davidson in a NY minute. Sean Miller at Xavier. Jim Larranaga at Mason.

Some of these guys don't have the NY ties that SJU was looking for.
But that said, I'm looking for a guy who is drastically different than Norm Roberts.

F recruiting. Get me a coach.