Bad news from Monasch

• 13 replies
Bad news from Monasch
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:55:12 PM »
Here are some excerpts taken from the article on ZagsBlog ...

"You look at all your coaches at the end of every year, and I don't mean that to sound cryptic and non-supportive," Monasch said before St. John's met Duke at MSG.  "We expect Norm to be our coach for the long term."

"If you look at the progress Norm has made, the program was obviously at a lowpoint when he got here," Monasch said.  "We have a young team.  We've had to fight through some injuries this year but we're very positive about the future."

"We look at a lot of factors," Monasch said.  "We're very happy with the progress [Roberts] has made and the conduct of our students, what they do in the classroom.  It's a young team.  I think he's got as good a group of players as he's had since he's been here.  He's already signed two good players for next year, so we're happy with the progress we're making."

Re: Bad news from Monasch
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:00:18 PM »
Here are some excerpts taken from the article on ZagsBlog ...

"You look at all your coaches at the end of every year, and I don't mean that to sound cryptic and non-supportive," Monasch said before St. John's met Duke at MSG.  "We expect Norm to be our coach for the long term."

"If you look at the progress Norm has made, the program was obviously at a lowpoint when he got here," Monasch said.  "We have a young team.  We've had to fight through some injuries this year but we're very positive about the future."

"We look at a lot of factors," Monasch said.  "We're very happy with the progress [Roberts] has made and the conduct of our students, what they do in the classroom.  It's a young team.  I think he's got as good a group of players as he's had since he's been here.  He's already signed two good players for next year, so we're happy with the progress we're making."

I hate to say it, but this is the first time I'm having serious doubts whether SJU will fire Roberts.  I've read those quotes over and over again and it sounds as if Monasch has been informed by the front office that no change will come at the end of the season.  Otherwise, why elaborate so much?  Why continue to bring up the exact same excuses as were used last year?  Combined with today's letter from Father Harrington, I have a hard time seeing them doing what is staring them right in the face.  And if that's the case, I consider this a very sad day for what remains of the St. John's fan base.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »
I wasn't defending Norm when I said he'll be back next year....because he will be back.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:12:19 PM »
I wasn't defending Norm when I said he'll be back next year....because he will be back.

You can't possibly know this for certain.  Nobody does.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 11:32:31 PM »

Care to make a wager, or did you lose the ranch tonight?
What was that line again???

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:41:35 PM »

I'm telling you somebody does  :-X
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sjd8886

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 11:53:14 PM »

ok, come on, you cant say that then not tell us what you know
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:53:39 PM by SJD »

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:11:08 AM »
Then burn it down!
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 12:14:03 AM »

ok, come on, you cant say that then not tell us what you know

He doesn't know anything.  Nobody does except for Harrington and possibly Monasch.  Don't even pretend you know anything, Dave.  That would just be a lie.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:16:39 AM »

Care to make a wager, or did you lose the ranch tonight?
What was that line again???

If you read my posts before commenting, you would know that I predicted a close game and that I thought that would be unfortunate.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:18:22 AM »
Marillac is the Suge Knight of the board. Getting laid out, night after night

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:19:09 AM »

That is a compliment from a guy that thinks Singler was punked tonight.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 12:23:12 AM »

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 12:29:18 AM »

Marillac is much more jacked than Suge Knight.