Where are the rants...

• 13 replies
Where are the rants...
« on: February 25, 2009, 09:31:05 AM »
..Or has everyone just run out of breath complaining about this team?

I don't think I have ever been more embarrassed at a game before than I was last night. Aside from the fact the team can't shoot(FREE THROWS included), they let one of the weaker 2-3 zones in recent Cuse history turn them over 18 times(With Burrell being the biggest culprit with 6 TO's, many of which came when he didn't realize that when a team plays a zone you can't just put the ball on the floor without protecting it, the guards must have swiped the ball from him at least 4 or 5 times), and I don't think I have seen that many alley-oops, fast break layups, or uncontested drives to the hoop in a game.

Not to mention, the game was actually played at the Carrier Dome. I haven't seen that much Orange since the last time I looked at Monasch's face. It's very frustrating when you can't even argue with the countless Cuse fans sitting in the student section cheering their ass off. We couldn't even get the Boo's in because the chants of "Lets Go Orange" drowned them out. A futile attempt of "Fire Roberts" was started by the few of us who actually have a clue down there, but once again was quickly drowned out by the cheers after some more Cuse dunks.

I'm not telling you something you don't know...I guess I'm just the only one left who has anything left to say at this point.. and I don't blame you.

Re: Where are the rants...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:36:13 AM »
"give syracase credit. we dug ourselves in a huge hole in the first half and you cant do that with a team with 150 all-americans. they made clutch plays in the first half stopping any momentum for a miracle comeback. too many syracuse fans, malik's finger is still sore, dj and rob still have sore groins, the mask was bothering justin, and we dont have the upperclassmen leadership to take us to an above .500 overall team record even with our cupcake OOC schedule. STJ does not pay me enough, I only make $600-$700K/year during one of the worst financial crisis in over 5 decades. "

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:39:43 AM »

I don't think I have ever been more embarrassed at a game before than I was last night. Aside from the fact the team can't shoot(FREE THROWS included), they let one of the weaker 2-3 zones in recent Cuse history turn them over 18 times(With Burrell being the biggest culprit with 6 TO's, many of which came when he didn't realize that when a team plays a zone you can't just put the ball on the floor without protecting it, the guards must have swiped the ball from him at least 4 or 5 times), and I don't think I have seen that many alley-oops, fast break layups, or uncontested drives to the hoop in a game.

Not to mention, the game was actually played at the Carrier Dome. I haven't seen that much Orange since the last time I looked at Monasch's face. It's very frustrating when you can't even argue with the countless Cuse fans sitting in the student section cheering their ass off. We couldn't even get the Boo's in because the chants of "Lets Go Orange" drowned them out. A futile attempt of "Fire Roberts" was started by the few of us who actually have a clue down there, but once again was quickly drowned out by the cheers after some more Cuse dunks.

I'm not telling you something you don't know...I guess I'm just the only one left who has anything left to say at this point.. and I don't blame you.

The Orange Man's interview on WFAN made it perfectly clear that unless Norm molests Louie at halfcourt he is never going to be fired! The team stinks but there is no point complaining anymore!
Jonnie Flynn is fun to watch however!

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:41:36 AM »
Honestly everything's been said that needs to be said.  We just need to wait and see whether CM and FH fire Norm or not.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 09:43:49 AM »
kid,
your funny dude. if i were buying STJ bb stock, i would begin accumulating a large block position just about now! :)

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 10:02:11 AM »

You put it well.
I don't think even Chris Monasch or Donald Harrington could imagine that the entire scene would take place in year 5 of the Norm Roberts era. It was an all-encompassing knockout.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02252009/sports/college/cuse_fans_control_garden_in_rout_of_stor_156866.htm

If one day St. John's cuts down the nets at the Garden as Big East Tournament champs - an absurd dream after watching last night's 87-58 utter humiliation at the hands of Syracuse - the Red Storm should remember this Fat Tuesday Massacre.

Malik Boothe and Paris Horne, two of the sophomores who comprise the foundation of the Red Storm, said they would remember this night because, as Boothe said, "I don't want to ever feel it again."

There was one moment in particular that has been burned into their collective psyches.

It came with 11:41 left and Syracuse (20-8, 8-7 Big East) leading 56-32. The nationally-ranked St. John's dance team had just tossed free 6th-Man T-shirts into the stands when one was hurled back onto the court. Then back came a second shirt.

"I guess there are Syracuse fans everywhere," said Boothe. "They just came out to support them, on our homecourt. That's all I can say about it."

Then the crowd of 11,148, which suddenly seemed to be from upstate, began a haunting chant of "Let's go Orange! Let's go Orange!"

"It's burning feeling," said Horne, who led the Storm with 17 points. "And I know our teammates feel the same way."

This was as bluntly different a scene as the one in Carnesecca Arena on Sunday when the Red Storm, before a raucous sellout crowd, edged Seton Hall, 70-65. That was a primer in program-building. Last night was a building condemned for St. John's (13-15, 4-11).

To make matters worse, Lincoln High point guard Lance Stephenson, the No. 1 recruit in the city, was sitting baseline with his father.

"I want to go to a place where the coach is going to push me to be a better player and there are good teammates around me," Stephenson told The Post. "And I want to go to a team that doesn't care for losing but is all about winning."

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 10:05:41 AM »
"I want to go to a place where the coach is going to push me to be a better player and there are good teammates around me," Stephenson told The Post. "And I want to go to a team that doesn't care for losing but is all about winning."

Adios, Lance.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:06:12 AM by JungleFever »

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 10:15:51 AM »

I was more embarrassed at the Maryland game in November a couple of years back. That, was the worst I have seen us play.

Don't get me wrong, this game was an absolute mess.

Roberts has no way of beating a zone, or a man to man defense.
That doesn't leave room for much else.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 10:40:10 AM »

I was more embarrassed at the Maryland game in November a couple of years back. That, was the worst I have seen us play.

Don't get me wrong, this game was an absolute mess.

Roberts has no way of beating a zone, or a man to man defense.
That doesn't leave room for much else.

From a basketball and performance standpoint, I have seen worse games (down to Duke 42-10 at half, Maryland, Georgetown last year, etc.)

But overall experience, last night was the worst because how many Cuse fans were there and how loud they were. I expected a Cuse crowd, you always do. But I could not have anticipated that.

Tha Kid

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »

Buckeye,

I don't know much about finance.  Can you ezplain that to me in laymen's terms?  Also how am I funny?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 09:19:48 PM »

Jungle, there just isn't anything left to say.  Norm has done everything possible to prove he is in over his head.  He hasn't learned the X's and O's of the game after 5 years coaching SJU.  He has consistently come up short on any big team recruit considering this program (e.g. Fields, Fisher, Landesburg, Ebanks, and Walker to name a few).  And with that disgusting performance last night combined with the fact that Kansas and Wake Forest are still on his list, I highly doubt Stephenson will choose SJU over perennial top-25 programs.

I don't believe anybody truly thinks he will succeed here.  When the best things writers can say about a coach is "he's a nice guy" and "his players are playing through injuries", that's basically code for "I don't wanna kick this guy while he's down."  And no matter what anyone says on this board, the only people that can step up is the President and AD.  As posters have said over and over, season ticket packages have decreased dramatically.  I am sure that some long-time donors have cut back.  And we saw how outnumbered our fans were last night at our home court.  If they wanna turn their back and pretend like this isn't happening, then that is their choice.  But then they should not turn around and complain that the SJU fan base is dwindling.  The school is doing it to themselves and blaming it on the fans is a cop out.  If you put a competitive product on the floor, the fans will come back.  Until that time, enjoy the Syracuse crowd.

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »
it's all been said.

sjd8886

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 10:36:47 PM »
its to the point now where ive accepted that we are not very talented and the talent we do have doesnt play well, so when i see us getting blown out i dont get mad, bc its not a surprise...its a surprise when we win...it also helps that ive accepted that i may not see a winning st johns team for 3-5 years, if its even that soon...rants are useless at this point for me...and what ive come to realize these past few weeks is you can bitch about norm all you want but the guy is bulletproof...it reminds me of the seinfeld episode where george wants to get fired from the yankees...sooner or later norm might be using chris Mullin jersey as a napkin

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 03:14:30 AM »
its to the point now where ive accepted that we are not very talented and the talent we do have doesnt play well, so when i see us getting blown out i dont get mad, bc its not a surprise...its a surprise when we win...it also helps that ive accepted that i may not see a winning st johns team for 3-5 years, if its even that soon...rants are useless at this point for me...and what ive come to realize these past few weeks is you can bitch about norm all you want but the guy is bulletproof...it reminds me of the seinfeld episode where george wants to get fired from the yankees...sooner or later norm might be using chris Mullin jersey as a napkin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUlHKKNH4HI#hq