Norm out coached JT3

• 6 replies
Norm out coached JT3
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:52:41 AM »
I gotta say wow...where did this come from. 1/3/1 with Malik down low? Where did we pull this one from? Talk about an adjustment going from zone to man and never letting Georgetown get into any rhythm.

Good rotation of the bigs too
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Norm out coached JT3
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:05:03 AM »
I gotta say wow...where did this come from. 1/3/1 with Malik down low? Where did we pull this one from? Talk about an adjustment going from zone to man and never letting Georgetown get into any rhythm.

That combined with the offense/defense substitutions at the end of the game made a huge difference. Hoyas looked dazed and confused for a bit, at least enough to allow the good guys to get back into and win the game.

Norm for President!

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 01:13:21 AM »
if i remeber correctly, i think norm used it with geno down low last year...could be rong tho.....either way, really impress with the fight the guys showed today and glad we finaly had the garden buzzing, atmosphere was great!

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 01:18:59 AM »

Roberts deserves major credit for taking Stubby Thompson to school.

Georgetown's biggest choke job since blowing a 17 point lead in their second round game against Davidson and McKillop. 

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 02:11:17 AM »
how about coming out of the timeout with 15 seconds left and actually executing a play and the calling of the play to get it to Rob Thomas...I wasnt expecting that
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 02:43:21 AM »
Just watched the full game on replay.  What a gutsy effort.  I def think we got some calls down the stretch but Norm did a great job tonight keeping Gtown off balance and it looks like Rob Thomas is returning to the form that he was in in HS.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 09:07:56 AM »
Great Job by Norm tonight.

I would still like to see Q Roberts get more minutes so we can rest Paris, Dj and Malik.