Norm Roberts knows hackers

• 11 replies
Norm Roberts knows hackers
« on: May 24, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »
So I just read on beb that firenormnow.com has been hacked. I actually thought this was a great site and concept of how everything was set up. I'm really upset someone went through lengths to destroy it.

I'm hoping dan has a backup of everything so he can get it back up and running.

Now for the fun part who would hack this and why?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

Re: Norm Roberts knows hackers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 02:17:22 AM »
So I just read on beb that firenormnow.com has been hacked. I actually thought this was a great site and concept of how everything was set up. I'm really upset someone went through lengths to destroy it.

The good news is that if we can trace this back to Norm, we could get him fired!  Wow, that would be front and back page news if he was involved.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 03:20:26 AM »
lol....i understand peoples frustrations with norm...but honestly, isnt there better things to talk about on this site. i mean norm is a legitimate concern, but really come on now, he comes up in every single topic of discussion.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:38:37 AM »
lol....i understand peoples frustrations with norm...but honestly, isnt there better things to talk about on this site. i mean norm is a legitimate concern, but really come on now, he comes up in every single topic of discussion.

I think we do a great job here of not having the same old drivel posted on a daily basis. Norm Roberts is the head coach of St. John's basketball so naturally he is going to be focus of a majority of the discussion on a St. John's basketball fan site.

The title of this thread is in jest but really this is news. I think its a shame that someone did this and even though I might not have agreed with the site to an extent, I thought it was very well done.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 10:53:37 AM »
Dave, I think it was a hack by a spammer and it wasn't a targetted attack.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

sjd8886

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 12:12:01 PM »

oh so i guess this is why i saw norm at that computer class at the learning annex

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »
I wonder why the site would be a random target though. I wonder who he uses as a server/host. I use Godaddy and they are awesome.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 01:08:42 PM »
I think it was Norm's biggest supporter. Mr Marco Baldi

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 11:28:18 AM »
Actually the theory I've come up with is beb has known spam attacks and probably the link of firenorm + all the spam probably triggered on the guys' target list.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:45 PM »
To quote GFAK over on BEB:
"On the bright side, the hacked version will be as effective as the un-hacked version."

I am sorry for Dan as all his hard work could be lost. I hope he has a backup of all the files and email addresses of the 526 people who want Norm gone.

I know that Marillac& WASJU have the female sounding names addresses written down!!!

Mean while the original site is up and running and hacker free…
www.firenorm.com
Where the Normies live and rule!

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 11:45:45 PM »
"On the bright side, the hacked version will be as effective as the un-hacked version."

I am sorry for Dan as all his hard work could be lost. I hope he has a backup of all the files and email addresses of the 526 people who want Norm gone.

I know that Marillac& WASJU have the female sounding names addresses written down!!!

www.firenorm.com

To be fair I actually thought this was the best attempt to voice a message of displeasure. People signed their names and email adresses which can't be said for everyone who posts on the message board where they can hide.

I might not have agreed with the site or the timing of it but I can definitely respect the effort that Dan made.

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 12:19:13 AM »

www.firenorm.com

LOL

WASJU is married.  It's up to Baldi and Marillac now to live out the dreams of all the taken St. John's men.  Tha Kid has recently mailed in his resignation from bachelorhood.  I think Dave might still be with us?

In the words of Kenny Chesney:  "I was a doctor, a lawyer, a senator's son, Brad Pitt's brother and a man on the run.  Anything I thought would get the job done....when we went out last night." 

I have a big BBQ this weekend for my lil' cousin's college graduation from Rutgers.  Dozens of Rutgers girls.  Go St. John's!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:22:57 AM by Marillac »