Did...?

• 9 replies
Did...?
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:00:25 AM »
Larry Wright dribble the ball tonight? Where has his midrange game gone? where is the hanger in the lane? Why is Larry Wright now(a better) Avery Patterson?

I really think everything was catch and shoot for him. 7 shots all 3 point attempts
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Did...?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:05:57 AM »
agreed.  he needs to take a page out of dj kennedy's book and use technique (shot fakes and ball fakes) to break his man down a little bit.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »
he is gone after the season...

his game just doesn't fit Norm's style and if the people close to him are not telling him that they are doing this young man a disservice...

On a team that is SEVERLY lacking an outside shooter...  the coach will not play the best shooter on the team consistent minutes....     if he got 25 minutes a night he would avergage 16 - 18pts....

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:34:52 AM »

his game just doesn't fit Norm's style and if the people close to him are not telling him that they are doing this young man a disservice...

On a team that is SEVERLY lacking an outside shooter...  the coach will not play the best shooter on the team consistent minutes....     if he got 25 minutes a night he would avergage 16 - 18pts....
His game completely fits Norm's style.  Coach just doesn't know it.  I mean, how in the hell does this drive-and-kick offense or low post offense work withOUT someone to shoot from outside and draw attention from the action near or going to the basket? 

And all those give-the-ball-to-Mase-and-clear-out plays, what, Wright could make some of those shots?  Wright can take a man off of the dribble, or at least has earned the chance to try.  If Geno can try to do it with his lead feet, than so can Larry.

I hope he doesn't leave the team.  We'll never see anyone shoot over 30% from beyond the arc for years.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »

On a team that is SEVERLY lacking an outside shooter...  the coach will not play the best shooter on the team consistent minutes....     if he got 25 minutes a night he would avergage 16 - 18pts....

this transfer stuff gets old real quick... ::)

you guys are like a broken record...only five guys can play at once...anybody that is not playing has to transfer...well that's at least 3-4 guys at every shool that will need to transfer every year :-\

besides what good would transferring do him?  he's got to get better on defense and learn to take the ball to the hole.  He also disappears at times on offense...burying himself in the corner.  Don't get me wrong he should be playing more (20-25 minutes) but this transfer talk is ridiculous.

Its not like coach is holding him back when he does play either....he's obviously got the green light to pull the trigger from anywhere at anytime.  Not a bad thing to have when you're a shooter.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
i agree the transfer talk is pretty bogus and what is the point of planting that seed?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 08:14:57 AM »

On a team that is SEVERLY lacking an outside shooter...  the coach will not play the best shooter on the team consistent minutes....     if he got 25 minutes a night he would avergage 16 - 18pts....

you guys are like a broken record...only five guys can play at once...anybody that is not playing has to transfer...well that's at least 3-4 guys at every shool that will need to transfer every year :-\

besides what good would transferring do him?  he's got to get better on defense and learn to take the ball to the hole.  He also disappears at times on offense...burying himself in the corner.  Don't get me wrong he should be playing more (20-25 minutes) but this transfer talk is ridiculous.

Its not like coach is holding him back when he does play either....he's obviously got the green light to pull the trigger from anywhere at anytime.  Not a bad thing to have when you're a shooter.

- We are half way through his Sophomore season...   he is averaging 20 minutes per game but that number is declining with each game we play...

- Its not old to talk a bout problem that has happened EVERY year with this current staff...  and it will happen at the end of this year...

- When he gets time he scores at a nice clip but yet Norm doesn't play him big minutes...   and at times he gets yanked so quick its scary...

- Norm is holding him back by not letting him play more. .  the teams lack of offense is ridiculous..   the kiod is a scorer. . figure out ways to get the ball in his hands....      OH SORRY. .that would require a basic understanding of the offfensive side of the basketball court..  something Norm Roberts & staff have no clue about...

I don't want him to leave...    but would you stay if you were him...?

Tha Kid

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 08:28:17 AM »

His game completely fits Norm's style.  Coach just doesn't know it.  I mean, how in the hell does this drive-and-kick offense or low post offense work withOUT someone to shoot from outside and draw attention from the action near or going to the basket? 

And all those give-the-ball-to-Mase-and-clear-out plays, what, Wright could make some of those shots?  Wright can take a man off of the dribble, or at least has earned the chance to try.  If Geno can try to do it with his lead feet, than so can Larry.

I hope he doesn't leave the team.  We'll never see anyone shoot over 30% from beyond the arc for years.

Spare me the dramatics.  Geno shot over 30% from 3 last year - we will have guys shoot over 30% - the trick is getting someone to shoot over 40%.  Larry can be that guy.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 08:55:02 AM »

- We are half way through his Sophomore season...   he is averaging 20 minutes per game but that number is declining with each game we play...

- Its not old to talk a bout problem that has happened EVERY year with this current staff...  and it will happen at the end of this year...

- When he gets time he scores at a nice clip but yet Norm doesn't play him big minutes...   and at times he gets yanked so quick its scary...

- Norm is holding him back by not letting him play more. .  the teams lack of offense is ridiculous..   the kiod is a scorer. . figure out ways to get the ball in his hands....      OH SORRY. .that would require a basic understanding of the offfensive side of the basketball court..  something Norm Roberts & staff have no clue about...

I don't want him to leave...    but would you stay if you were him...?

Wright will score 10 and give up 25 with 0 rebounds

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 10:24:25 AM »

Spare me the dramatics.  Geno shot over 30% from 3 last year - we will have guys shoot over 30% - the trick is getting someone to shoot over 40%.  Larry can be that guy.
Chief.  What I'm trying to say is the dropoff from Larry Wright's shooting ability and everyone else on this roster is dramatic.  Be easy.