Fred Quartelbaum a possible candidate for Army job

• 54 replies
Re: Fred Quartelbaum a possible candidate for Army job
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2009, 01:34:41 PM »
He makes a good amount of money from both Nike and as the director of bball ops of the Gauchos.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

LJSA

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2009, 03:24:55 PM »
If being an assistant would really be a step down pay-wise, I'd stay exactly where I was until the perfect situation came up -- like next year at St. John's under Fran McCaffery.

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »
It’s still uncertain whether St. Mary’s assistant Kyle Smith is in the group of finalists or not at Army, but one source told me he is no longer in the mix. That leaves Arizona State associate head coach Dedrique Taylor, St. John’s assistant Fred Quartlebaum and Cornell assistant Zach Spiker as the three front-runners. All three will interview in the next two days with Taylor and Quartlebaum going in today and Spiker set to interview tomorrow.

Fox Sports
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:00:40 PM by Dave »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2009, 04:54:08 PM »
It’s still uncertain whether St. Mary’s assistant Kyle Smith is in the group of finalists or not at Army, but one source told me he is no longer in the mix. That leaves Arizona State associate head coach Dedrique Taylor, St. John’s assistant Fred Quartlebaum and Cornell assistant Zach Spiker as the three front-runners. All three will interview in the next two days with Taylor and Quartlebaum going in today and Spiker set to interview tomorrow.
add link!  unless you were doing the digging, Marco!

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2009, 06:04:35 PM »
Mo Hicks almost certainly wouldn't take the job. It would very likely be a pay cut for him. 

Sandy is a possibility, but not sure what his mindset is in terms of wanting to be a college coach.

Where does all Mo's money come from? Not Rice, I assume. He really makes that much from AAU? I think most of us are in the wrong line of work if that's the case.
As Trabinowitz mentioned, he gets it via Nike, whether it's funneled through Gauchos or Rice Athletics. According to a source, the Gauchos receive the highest amount of sponsorship money of any AAU program that Nike sponsors. More importantly, I'd like for SI or Slam, if they ever employ an investigative journalist and not just do the usual fluff, to do a look into how certain programs allocate the sponsorship money.

As for the aforementioned Sandy, he gets the vast majority of his sponsorship money from Al Harrington/Protege, but Kyrie, his latest star, doesn't wear their shoes.

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »
I think Fred gets the job

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2009, 05:12:08 PM »
He inherit the hit say a deer. And he got too far to a queer. And threatened to kick his ass.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2009, 10:53:57 PM »
Cornell asst Spiker gets the Army job

BIG RED assistant gets the Army job
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2009, 10:54:37 PM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/10160902/Spiker,-33,-agrees-to-take-Army-job

Cornell assistant coach Zach Spiker has agreed in principle to a six-year contract to replace Jim Crews as Army's men's basketball coach.

According to a source, the 33-year-old Spiker was selected over Arizona State associate head coach Dedrique Taylor and St. John's assistant Fred Quartlebaum.
ESPN.com first reported the news.

Spiker has been integral to Cornell's success as the Big Red have won consecutive Ivy League titles.

While Spiker has no military connections, multiple sources told FOXSports.com that he impressed Army athletic director Kevin Anderson in a pair of interviews — one on campus and one in Chicago.

Spiker is expected to retain all three assistants on the staff.

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2009, 11:17:47 PM »

Another good job of calling it correctly.

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2009, 10:24:38 AM »

Baldi's predictions were like when Chris Russo was still on the Fan. Just bet the opposite and watch the money roll in

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2009, 10:26:05 AM »

Baldi's predictions were like when Chris Russo was still on the Fan. Just bet the opposite and watch the money roll in

;D +1 thats funny
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »

I guess this means G'Town  wins the Big East and Chris Wright gets player of the year.   Lock it up.

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »
You guys are a bunch of wash women. Complain about everything, its no wonder top recruits dont want to play for you.

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »
Complain about everything

What did anyone complain about? We just told you that what you say is WRONG.

As you would immaturely say, you got PAWNED.

But I think you also jinxed Seton Hall as well...hahahahahaahahah