If Burrell is out for Geogia...

• 29 replies
Re: If Burrell is out for Geogia...
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 03:45:24 PM »
My guess is Brownlee...but I'm not familiar at all with what kind of lineup Georgia puts out.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 09:47:12 PM »
offensively i am not sure what you lose when you sub coker for jb....coker has a post move plus better tips and rebounding and he hit the same baseline jumper the other night that jb does. bring in brownlee off the bench for a change up in style....or even as a 3 and play big

Poison

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 12:26:35 AM »
It also might be good to start off with Boothe and Coker because it will almost force DJ to get started right away.   It will also force Paris to be aggressive from the get-go.

Boothe is the starter. I don't think his job is in question. After the effort on Saturday, Coker would be a great choice. It would be a way to get our proven scorers going. Brownlee is more comfortable rebounding, and facing the basket, but Coker has the size.

Still, Horne has been up and down, and DJ has really emerged as the team"s leaer. I think the offense runs through him from now on.

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 09:36:31 AM »
At Cameron Brownlee had 21 mins scored 4 points got 2 rebounds 1 assist and one steal. Coker had 19 mins got 5 points 6 rebounds (2 offensive) and three blocks. I like Coker's threatening presence underneath and am wary about Brownlee's eagerness to pop threes. IMO Brownlee is a much better all around player but he vanished against Duke. I'd say reward Dele with a start.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 10:19:48 AM »
Brownlee wouldn't be a bad start but he'd look for his shot; and with Evans looking for his shot, I don't know about that.  The question then becomes what do you want to establish?  Look, Georgia sucks.  They're just not very good right now, and you have to clamp down on Trey Tompkins who they'll try to establish early.  So I'd start Coker to defend the basket and frustrate those Bulldogs.  A good def. stop and rebound and the tone of the game is ours.

Also, Coker could win the opening tip.

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 10:31:49 AM »
Brownlee wouldn't be a bad start but he'd look for his shot; and with Evans looking for his shot, I don't know about that.  The question then becomes what do you want to establish?  Look, Georgia sucks.  They're just not very good right now, and you have to clamp down on Trey Tompkins who they'll try to establish early.  So I'd start Coker to defend the basket and frustrate those Bulldogs.  A good def. stop and rebound and the tone of the game is ours.

Looking forward to your write up pedro

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 11:25:44 AM »
I just saw Burrell on campus.  He had a pair of crutches in his hand and was walking around with a huge limp.  Not looking too good for Wednesday.

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 01:04:19 PM »
offensively i am not sure what you lose when you sub coker for jb....coker has a post move plus better tips and rebounding and he hit the same baseline jumper the other night that jb does. bring in brownlee off the bench for a change up in style....or even as a 3 and play big

And he's shooting 67% from the field, far better than JB's 59%.   ;) 

But seriously at some point in the season, even if it's not against UGA, STJ is going to need a true center manning the post for large chunks of some games and the only one on the roster is Dele.  Especially if JB's hurt, keep getting Dele minutes, it will pay dividends in conference play. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 01:09:25 PM »
I just saw Burrell on campus.  He had a pair of crutches in his hand and was walking around with a huge limp.  Not looking too good for Wednesday.
NOT THE DAMNED CTRUTCHES

I think in practice the staff kicks at the ankles, like Parcells did to Chrebet that one time.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »

Looking forward to your write up pedro
So am I! :D

Working on it.  I'm up to my chin in work tho!  Hopefully by this evening, or overnight.