Georgetown has opened war!

• 12 replies
Georgetown has opened war!
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
So much for sleeping with the enemy and doing an article with casualhoya. The people on the hoyasaxa board are unloading on me and bad mouthing Burrell. I for one can't wait to play Georgetown again.

http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=20878&page=1
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

Re: Georgetown has opened war!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:20:17 PM »
get 'em dave
"I drink and I know things"

boo3

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »
 Damn Dave!  they roughed you up bad in there.  I give you credit for going back at them though.  Kids at Georgetown are a bunch of entitled pricks so i wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »
That's why I hate when our fans knock our team and players.  We have enough enemies already. 

Funny thing is that you can tell that all of the hate stems from what we did to them last year.  I guess, in that sense, it's good to be hated.  Better than being irrelevant.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 01:51:58 PM »
boy they are really out to get you over there....

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »
can someone tell me what page it starts at
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 02:15:12 PM »
 i started at 7.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 02:59:16 PM »
can someone tell me what page it starts at

lazy!

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
I see a handful of folks over there believe they are 20-30 points better than the Johnnies.  LOL   Please!!!!

Oh!  How about we wouldn't have been in the game, if we didn't hit ridiculously challenged and WILD 3-pointers.  LOL

I guess they didn't know that Hardy is capable of hitting those type of 3-pointers.  To be honest, I believe he only hit like 2 "seriously challenged" 3-pointers.

I see those folks have an overly-inflated belief about their squad.  That's fine!  They have a decent team.  But, I have a feeling by March that their balloon will have some air taken out of it.   
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:23:25 PM by mjdinkins »

boo3

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
  In all honesty they should be better than us.  They recruit McDonald AAs and high level talent every year.  We....don't.  They are just pissed we put the final nail in the coffin for their season last year.
  I do hope that we meet them again. for some reason we seem to match up well against them.  Maybe by March Norm will figure out what offense they run. :o

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 04:43:38 PM »
Let's see... They put a big at the high post, with his back to the basket.  The point feeds him the ball and cuts to the basket, using a pick.  If the defender doesn't stay with him and no one rotates, he gets the return pass for an easy layup.  If the point is covered, the ball is swung out to the opposite wing for either a jump shot or a drive to the basket, if available.  They used the pick well and when we didn't switch, they got uncontested layups.

Boothe and Stith should have gotten into Wright's face, muscle him and try to strip the ball.  If fouls are called, so be it.  The played him soft and he killed them in the first half.  Hardy did a better job on him when Boothe was out of the game.  I would have also roughed it up with their bigs and force them to beat me at the line.  The refs weren't calling a very tight game so it might not have resulted in too many free throws for them.

BTW, Norm was livid when Sean drove the length of the court and got the charge called on him,  I think Sean has been told over and over not to do that.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 04:54:47 PM »
We ended their season last year.
Let them talk.

They're NIT this year. No reason for them to be ranked.

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 04:59:50 PM »
Well I think thats my beef with the Georgtown fans how they think they're entitled to be better than us and they think they are so much better than us. I thought Georgetown played very well and extremely efficient against us. They normally aren't that efficient. We played our usual ugly game.