Junior

• 9 replies

Poison

Junior
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »
Does anyone know if he'll play Sunday vs Providence?
I think in our home conference opener, we need to make a statement.

We have to finish them early.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:19:12 PM by Poison »

Marillac

Re: Junior
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:45:16 PM »
He's the only hope this team has.  Paris Horne has sh*t the bed all season.  He's worthless as a starter at this point.  Great kid...hard working, but cannot handle the ball and his shot has to be falling in order to give us anything.

xhoops

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 01:20:56 PM »
I like Burrell , Mase, Kennedy, Hardy.................I don't know about the 5th beatle, what do you guys think

boo3

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 01:26:44 PM »
 Brownlee.  Evans needs some pine time.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 02:21:11 PM »
He's the only hope this team has.  Paris Horne has sh*t the bed all season.  He's worthless as a starter at this point.  Great kid...hard working, but cannot handle the ball and his shot has to be falling in order to give us anything.

How is Paris worthless?

He's struggled early on in the season shooting but has been playing better lately. He's actually shooting a higher % from 3 this season than last. He's also scoring about the same points per min. He's still playing big time defense. I think he needs to get more shots going to the basket and off the break. We haven't seen many easy baskets for Paris this season.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »

How is Paris worthless?

He's struggled early on in the season shooting but has been playing better lately. He's actually shooting a higher % from 3 this season than last. He's also scoring about the same points per min. He's still playing big time defense. I think he needs to get more shots going to the basket and off the break. We haven't seen many easy baskets for Paris this season.

He is not playing big time defense--not this year at least.  He is not making his shots.  He is simply not a threat to drive the basketball at all. In the half court all he is a kid that buries himself in the corner for a three or dribbles the ball for a few seconds to get it from one threat to another. 

He scored four points as a starting SG?  He's a earned a place on the pine next to Evans.  Hardy needs 30+ mins.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »
We should never say a guy like Horne is worthless.
Save that kinda talk for the other site.

He still a kid. He's struggling, but we're going to need him
during the year. Hopefully, he can work it out in practice.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 09:10:48 PM »
Back to the thread. 

Mase was in uniform for the irst time since his injury and he participated in pre-game warmups.  I was hoping Norm would give him a ew minutes against G'town but it looks like he will definitely play against PC.  He probably won't start but I think he will play.

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 09:29:01 PM »

Paris has had an awful season.  There are so many talented guys on this team, you need to earn your minutes.  Past seasons shouldn't matter this far in. Its do or die big east season. You play whoever gives you the best chance to win.  Right now that means paris should be getting about 15 mins from the bench.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »
Mase hasn't played in a year and a half.
Hopefully, bringing him back slowly means he can keep up in practice.

Still, the only player on this team who can put on the floor and create is Dwight Hardy-so he has to be given a shot to lead us offensively.