Marketing Ideas

• 8 replies
Marketing Ideas
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »
Even though I cannot see games in Carneseca or at the Garden (I will be at the Georgetown game at the Verizon Center because I try to make one game a year no matter how bad the team is) I was wondering since the team is not producing, what ideas would you give to the marketing department at St. John's to make fan life better. I have a list of ideas but instead of giving the entire list and the post turning into a critique of my ideas where my original goal is to bring out ideas, I will just give you my favorite one.

- Once a month on a non-game day weekend during the season and twice in the offseason, Norm Roberts and Chris Monasch should hold a town hall meeting where students and season ticket holders can attend and ask questions about the program. There is no off limit questions and it will not be run like a Hillary town hall where questions are already written by the campaign, instead people file into Carneseca, draw a number, and when there number is called during the event, they ask either Norm or Chris their question. When Pat Croce ran the Sixers, he did this with season ticket holders at least once a year (even during the bad ones) and the Marlins also have done this in the past.

That is just my two cents and I apologize if the post is stupid but we need better fan/adminstrative relationship.

Re: Marketing Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:07:02 PM »
Perhaps St. John's is realizing the youth movement having photos of Malik Boothe on the front page 2 out of the last 3 games...are they trying to tell us something?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 06:27:40 PM »
on which front page

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 06:34:43 PM »
of their website. www.redstormsports.com

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:29:05 PM »
How about lowering the price of a ticket. 30 bucks to see a bad team play Depaul another bad team on a Saturday Morning in a half filled High School Gym.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 02:44:38 AM »
virginiafan...you're idea isn't stupid...but how likely do you think it would be that norm and monasch would take hostile questions.

there's a reason the clintons, bushes and every other politician hold town hall meetings with staged backdrops and questions.

i'll let you guess what that is.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
I hate this season because this team has alot more talent than the previous 3 years and we still suck
Good point. And to top it off, students should pay 5 bucks to see the team. 10 in the BET. Disgraceful.

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:40:06 PM »
ticket prices MUST go down.  i know as a fact me and a few friends would have gone to other games this year but it's way to expensive.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 11:15:16 PM »
I hate this season because this team has alot more talent than the previous 3 years and we still suck
Good point. And to top it off, students should pay 5 bucks to see the team. 10 in the BET. Disgraceful.

my student season ticket is $15 for BE games at msg