Second Half (+1) of the Big East Season

• 17 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Second Half (+1) of the Big East Season
« on: January 31, 2010, 05:19:41 PM »
I see that South Florida dispatched Pitt at home, leading almost the whole way.  There are flukey wins... but I think the Big East as a whole is a more evenly-tough conference.  Which may not bode well for St. John's... or may give the team a chance to surprise in the second half.

So let's hear your predictions (WASJU, this is your cue. I expect something good from you).

Yes, technically after the Rutgers game the second half of the season begins, but I wanted people to have a chance to write down some predictions for the second half of the season.  Here's the schedule:

@Rutgers
West Virginia
Louisville
@Notre Dame
Seton Hall
@South Florida
Marquette
Pittsburgh
@Syracuse
@DePaul

What do you think will happen over these 10 games?

My prediction: 3-7.  Possibly 4-6.  One of the guards - either Malik or Paris - gets benched.  St. John's hems and haws on making a change in coaches... but I am not bold enough to say they will or will not. 

Re: Second Half (+1) of the Big East Season
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 05:29:46 PM »
@Rutgers       W
West Virginia   L
Louisville        W
@Notre Dame  L
Seton Hall       W
@South Florida W
Marquette        L
Pittsburgh       W
@Syracuse      L
@DePaul          L

5-5. I believe that would leave us at 17-13. 2 wins in the Big East tourny to save Norms job and he'll get to coach his 9 seniors

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 05:31:45 PM »
@Rutgers  W...but I'm not very confident in this game at all!!
West Virginia L
Louisville L
@Notre Dame L
Seton Hall W
@South Florida L
Marquette L
Pittsburgh L
@Syracuse L
@DePaul W

I think 3 wins is probably the most logical.  We'll lose at least one of the games I noted we would win....but we may upset one or two teams also.  I'd be willing to bet the house....they don't win more than 4 of these 10!!!

One thing I am rooting for is South Florida to keep winning.  Hopefully, Monasch will take note and say....if USF can do it...why can't we??  AND START LOOKING FOR A WINNER!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 05:34:18 PM by upstate32 »

boo3

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »
@Rutgers  L
West Virginia  L
Louisville  W
@Notre Dame  L
Seton Hall   W
@South Florida  L
Marquette  L
Pittsburgh  L
@Syracuse  L
@DePaul  W

3-7-     1st round exit from BE tourney.  Norm gets canned finally.  And we can begin the process of rebuilding this 6 year disaster.   I Hope

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 07:19:44 PM »
Less then a month ago I was dreaming of a 4/5 seed. I wouldn't be surprised if we won only 2 more games. Pathetic!

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 10:07:22 PM »
I believe it'll go this way..... 

@Rutgers  W
West Virginia  L
Louisville  L
@Notre Dame  L
Seton Hall   W
@South Florida  L
Marquette  L
Pittsburgh  L
@Syracuse  L
@DePaul  W

How I'm hoping it'll go.... 

@Rutgers  L
West Virginia  L
Louisville  L
@Notre Dame  L
Seton Hall   L
@South Florida  L
Marquette  L
Pittsburgh  L
@Syracuse  L
@DePaul  L

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 11:13:21 PM »

How I'm hoping it'll go.... 

@Rutgers  L
West Virginia  L
Louisville  L
@Notre Dame  L
Seton Hall   L
@South Florida  L
Marquette  L
Pittsburgh  L
@Syracuse  L
@DePaul  L

im with you dude.

as much as i dont want to see us lose the rest of our games. i think it will really help get the point across.

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
@Rutgers- I previously picked us to win this game but I changed my mind. I see Rutgers winning 52-50 in 3 ot's. Let us call this the bizaro Uconn/Cuse game. This game will go down in history as the worst game ever played. After the game Norm blames the job speculation of Fred Hill for the loss.

West Virginia- WV wins 72-58. Loss is overshadowed by WV mascot accidently shooting Mase Jr in the leg. Norm blames Bobby Huggins jogging suit for the loss."If I tried wearing something like that I would never hear the end of it!" He was quoted as saying.

Louisville- Louisville wins 78-62.Norm blames Pitino's sex scandal for the loss." I think I ate at that Restaurant the next day and found some curious looking hair in my salad and have been distracted every since." Norm was quoted as saying.

@Notre Dame- ND wins 85-58. During garbage time the ND Leprechaun is allowed to suit up and continuously posts up the much smaller Malik Boothe. Norm blames the Hunchback of Notre Dame for the loss."I thought it was a football book." He was quoted as saying.

Seton Hall-SH wins 90-69. Game is delayed a half hour as Gonzo throws temper tantrum that the game is not being played at the Garden. Norm blames Hazzell's ears for the loss. "Hazell was able to hear everything I said in our huddle from the other side of the court!" Norm was quoted as saying.

@South Florida- USF wins 79-68.Norm blames his wife." She packed the wrong bathing suit and I had to wear a banana hammock to the pool."

Marquette- Marq wins 75-65.Norm blames Milwaukee."To prepare the team we had them eating Brats and drinking beer all week, that is why we were a step slow."

Pitt- SJU wins 68-66 on a Hardy three. Jamie Dixon blames himself. Norm starts to blame Charles Smith then stops himself when he realizes he won.

Syracuse-Cuse wins 83-56. Norm blames the Cuse zone." We prepared for them to play man. Jim really threw us a curveball with that 2-3 zone."  Norm is quoted as saying.

@Depaul-SJU wins 49-43. Beats SJU/Rutgers for the worst game ever played title. After the game Chris Monasch gives Norm a vote of confidence. However tragedy strikes as Monasch disintegrates like DR Manhattan in the Watchman movie in a tanning bed accident.

SJU finishes the season 14-16 just as WE ARE NOSTRADAMUS predicted.

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 01:18:56 PM »
WE ARE SJU - hilarious.  Loved it.

"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 01:26:48 PM »
You really think we are going to beat Pitt?   LOL

The sad part is that your prediction could actually become an overstatement of this season!

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »
You really think we are going to beat Pitt?   LOL

The sad part is that your prediction could actually become an overstatement of this season!

I think we lose to Rutgers and beat either Pitt, Marquette or possibly both. 2-8 or 3-7 the rest of the way.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »
nicely done, WASJU.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »
@Rutgers       W
West Virginia   L
Louisville        L
@Notre Dame  L
Seton Hall       L
@South Florida L
Marquette        L
Pittsburgh       L
@Syracuse      L
@DePaul          W

We have no end game. We'll beat Rutgers tomorrow night by about 10, and we'll beat Depaul because for those games, we won't need an end game.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:59:33 PM by Poison »

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 10:09:08 PM »

Not that I want to rain on your parade...but...didn't you up your prediction from 14 to a 3 game win range, 15 - 17? or 16 - 18?, before we went in the tank.

P.S.  Nice analysis of our remaining games.

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 10:12:38 PM »
@Rutgers W
West Virginia W
Louisville L
@Notre Dame L
Seton Hall W
@South Florida W
Marquette W
Pittsburgh L
@Syracuse L
@DePaul W

6 and 4

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 09:06:16 AM »

Not that I want to rain on your parade...but...didn't you up your prediction from 14 to a 3 game win range, 15 - 17? or 16 - 18?, before we went in the tank.

P.S.  Nice analysis of our remaining games.

Before the season I predicted 14 wins on all three sites. When everyone poo pahed it ( I always wanted to type poo pah, though I might have spelled it wrong) I indicated that I thought they would win between 14 and 16 games. I figured 14 could get Norm fired so I went with 14. During the early part of the season when the team was playing well I indicated that they would probably win 16 or so, thus saving Norm's job.

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 09:12:20 AM »
For the sixth year in a row under Norm we have absolutely nothing to look forward to in the second half of the year. 

I can't wait until he is finally fired in six weeks.

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »
I can't wait until he is finally fired in six weeks.

What makes you think he'll be fired?