Rutledge

• 2 replies
Rutledge
« on: January 25, 2008, 11:44:04 PM »
Went to see the Monmouth game tonight against FDU and they pulled a St. John's and blew to big leads to lose the game by 2. However Coach Rutledge's kid RJ had himself a pretty nice game with 15pts and 5reb. I think he should have a nice career at Monmouth as he shoots the ball pretty well has some good length for a guard. Definitely isn't a high major player but should do well for himself in the NEC. I also talked with Coach Rutledge briefly he said its been a tough season to watch every where he goes(Monmouth and St. John's) but he said the boys(st. johns) had a good practice yesterday so he hopes for the best. I didn't get into too much detail with him as I had to run but I gave him my johnny jungle card and he said he will check the site out.

The thing he mentioned was the fact he wanted to see heart/fight out of team and he hasn't really seen that. He said that was the most disappointing thing to him.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:51:31 PM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Rutledge
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 11:47:56 PM »
Oh yea this was my first NEC conference game I've attended and what a difference Monmouth is building a beautiful new gym however their current one is much like a high school gym. Security was so limited you could go behind the bench and give the players a pat on the back if you wanted walking by. They had a good amount of butts in the seats but I think that place might max out at 2,000. The fans were a lot louder than St. John's fans as the whole arena got involved in defense chants and there really wasn't a student section. Also the Monmouth cheerleading squad is so hot all the girls were gorgeous.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Rutledge
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 08:40:10 AM »
RJ played well against SEton Hall when they nearly pulled the upset against them too.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!