Last Night a Blessing?

• 16 replies

boo3

Last Night a Blessing?
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:49:13 AM »
  I know a lot of people won't agree, but last nights debacle was the best thing that could have happened.  The press is now applying the pressure.  We all know that press is very powerful once they get the snowball rolling. 

These kids deserve a chance to play for someone who knows basketball , for at least one year.  This team is going nowhere this year,  this is a fact.  The team gave up last night, from what i saw.  Fire Norm!  Its embarrassing!

Foad

Re: Last Night a Blessing?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:59:17 AM »
last nights debacle was the best thing that could have happened.  The press is now applying the pressure.  We all know that press is very powerful once they get the snowball rolling. 

Yeah, the SJ Rutgers game should have huge legs, especially during Superbowl week. Now that an entire paragraph about the coaching situation has appeared in the prestigious NY Post, it'll be a tsunami. All Norm all the time. A feature on Sixty Minutes. The Worst Person in the World on MSNBC. A special non-Obama edition of Newsweek. Because when the 2-6 team loses to the 1-8 team - that's huge.

mkras99

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:00:41 AM »
Every little bit helps.

Foad

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:57 AM »
Every little bit helps.

The Catholic Church is not influenced by the NY Post.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:06:39 AM »
Norm is gone.  There is absolutely nothing to defend him on anymore.  There is no hope. For two years we had to hear about how young his core was.  Well, they are juniors now and one of the most experienced teams in the conference, yet we find ourselves 2-7? 

Even I thought this year's squad would contend for at least an NIT berth.  They are deeper with more offensive talent and experience, but they are arguably worse.  Wow.  Norm is just THAT bad. 

Poison

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 12:41:42 PM »
It only helps if they fire him.
I'm letting it be known that I'm cancelling my season tickets if they don't fire him, but in reality, the replacement needs to be chosen carefully, or we'll be stuck in the same position.

boo3

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »
I'm letting it be known that I'm cancelling my season tickets if they don't fire him, but in reality, the replacement needs to be chosen carefully, or we'll be stuck in the same position.

I'm shocked it took you this long to cancel.  I cancelled mine after the '06 season.  Haven't regretted for one second. Its not like there's a wait list to get them back.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 12:56:10 PM »
Just embarrassing, Monasch better have his head on straight come offseason.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 01:23:08 PM »
We've regressed.

We might actually win 2 BE games.
If we could lose to Rurgers, we could lose Depaul.

2-16, 12-18 overall would be incredibly convincing.
Norm should just quit. 

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »

Exactly....  The next hire should be done very, carefully and thoroughly.  Otherwise, we'll be in the same position and it'll be the final nail in the coffin for men's basketball at St. John's.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »
How come I don't feel blessed?

kob24

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »
the kids are hurting seriously. they are feeling like shit

boo3

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 03:34:42 PM »

they feel bad for Norm or the fans?  If they want to feel better in the future they should hope for a new coach.  Or else the same thing will happen next year.  St.Johns B-ball= Groundhog day

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 04:19:47 PM »

Tell Justin to round up his teammates and they go trotting into the offices of Father Harrington and Monasch to explain about getting them a coach.

Make sure they explain they need a coach who doesn't believe X's and O's are just letters in the alphabet.  Make sure he doesn't shuffle players in-and-out the game like it's musical chairs or a soccer game.

Make sure they also explain that their next coach can recruit a point guard and other high-major players to go along with the said point guard(s).

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 04:37:59 PM »

Please tell them not to give up as their true fans still got their back and will come out on Saturday to support. 

Also, tell them that tomorrow is another day.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »
I do worry that if they actually lose every game except for DePaul, potential coaches will think the team has no talent.  So I hope for a win over Seton Hall and/ or Marquette.

Tell the players to keep their heads up and carmine's right, the fans have their back.

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »
Every little bit helps.
The Catholic Church is not influenced by the NY Post.
As with other organizations, lawsuits and money seem to be more effective with them.

Did Francesa discuss his alma mater's loss at all on his New York-centric program?