Malik

• 18 replies
Malik
« on: January 24, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »
what did everyone think about his performance in extended minutes?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Malik
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 12:17:31 PM »
i didnt watch the game so i have no idea.  looking at the boxscore his numbers dont look great but his numbers never really jump out.  i can certainly tolerate mistakes from a freshman more than i can from a senior (especially when the senior makes worse mistakes thatn the freshman does).  malik certainly isnt an all-american but with the right type of scorers around him he is a coach's dream PG.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »
i liked it. he was some what aggresive.he found the open men. they just dropped the balls and missed shots. i say keep it for the rest of the season

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:42:08 PM »
evans and dele dropping passes were the result of two of maliks to's they should have been easy lay ups perhaps they were shocked someone was penetrating and dishing??

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »
on the break one time he totally had DJ open cutting to the hoop...except DJ had backed off and was not cutting and boothe passed it to nothing.  I fault Geno for that, DJ is too used to needing to clear space for Geno to shoot rather than to expect to get a pass for an easy layup!
"I drink and I know things"

kob24

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 01:17:10 PM »
dear lord of heaven and earth i pray that norm keeps malik in. please please please.

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 01:34:15 PM »
i heard his back went out on him or something?  how was boothe's defense?  does anyone think we could win with him as our starting pg?  (obviously with having a decent backup as well).  i really am a huge fan of boothe and with good scorers he can (like theo said) be a coach's dream pg.  i just doubt norm can ever get that type of talent around him (although dj, burrell, thomas isn't that bad).

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 02:22:39 PM »
Malik was quoted in Newsday "When it started to slip away.... I felt the crowd kind of turned on us...."  I was at the game and found it difficult to sit through this game.   That being said, I would never boo these kids because it just isn't their fault.   Most of them are just freshmen and doing their best in a very negative situation.  Losing is never easy.  The best thing we can do as fans [if we attend the games] is to give them the best homecourt possible.  Booing the kids doesn't help!

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 07:22:08 PM »
Thought he played pretty well.  Made a REALLY nice dish to Dele for what should have been a monster dunk.  Dele didn't catch the handoff pass and the ball dribbled out of bands.  Pitt ball.

Story of the year.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 09:28:58 PM »
One of Malik's passes was aimed at Sean Evans' knees.  Not that Evans knows what to do with the ball on the wing, but, still.  Boothe made some nice plays, and made some mistakes.  I'd like to see him in transition more often.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 08:06:29 AM »
One of Malik's passes was aimed at Sean Evans' knees.  Not that Evans knows what to do with the ball on the wing, but, still.  Boothe made some nice plays, and made some mistakes.  I'd like to see him in transition more often.

Evans was a tight end.  You'd think he would have better hands  ;)

kjd01067

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 10:50:29 AM »

Evans was a tight end.  You'd think he would have better hands  ;)

Pretty sure he was recruited as a defensive end but yea his hands should be better
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 10:50:54 AM by kjd01067 »

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 12:15:48 PM »
evans was a WR not a TE

Poison

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 07:41:34 PM »

he looked like a maac pg.

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 07:54:03 PM »
Evans was a def end in high school and was projected to be a tight end in college.

kob24

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »

he looked like a maac pg.
so if malik looked like a maac what does geno look like?a aau 16u back up pg

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 11:29:39 PM »
Evans was a def end in high school and was projected to be a tight end in college.

I interviewed him before the season he said he was a wr and i seconds guessed him and asked him if he was a TE and he said no WR.

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 11:41:57 PM »
Well if he said so go with that, the articles all had him as de too te in college.

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 12:25:09 PM »
evans was a WR not a TE

Worse yet!  :D