Call in, Talk St. John's BBALL

• 5 replies
Call in, Talk St. John's BBALL
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:03:20 AM »
718-990-6126

WSJU Word of Mouth CBB edition

Call in and listen live on www.wsjuradio.org

we love to hear what your thinking bout the Storm.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Call in, Talk St. John's BBALL
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:32:41 AM »
I can't believe you guys are bringing up the "he we could forfeit the season" thing.  It was just a silly "HEY! WAKE UP" kind of technique.  I'm listening for a bit. Good stuff otherwise.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »
I'm tuned in as well. I wouldn't take the "forfeit" thing so literal. It reminds me of that old McDonalds commercial where they are in the boxing ring. "Do you remember on your 5th birthday when someone stole your french fries? Well it was him!"

Lies can be used as motivational tactics.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »
well I still believe that if you have to resort to that, in order to wake up the team...you have already lost your team, that was really why I was mad about it

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:40:26 PM »
I disagree, somewhat.  I think a team should be more self-motivated - and it wasn;t necessarily that they weren't motivated, they were quiet.  Which I assume they read as they were down.  And they SHOULD be.  They blew a chance, and they keep blowing chances.  It's hard to keep a team motivated when they routinely get their tails beat.  Losing begets a loss of concentration - because the prize of postseason or championship isn't there - which begets more losing.

(Incidentally, why I think the team needs a new coach to make a postseason next year.  It'd be hard to not think "here we go again" after the first sloppy loss.)

Note that this team isn't falling apart like Rutgers seemed to be earlier in the year and last year, with Rosario's harping about his teammates (yes, there's been some of that, but I would say it comes out less with the Red Storm).  There isn't a lot of finger pointing on this squad. 

Poison

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »
They're juniors. Howabout watning to win? Shouldn't that be enough motivation?