Emails from my dad

• 2 replies

kjd01067

Emails from my dad
« on: January 25, 2008, 11:02:04 AM »
Thought I would share these with you guys.  My dad sent me these two emails the other day after the Pitt game.  My dad attented St. Johns Law school and is the sole reason I am a fan.  His following of the team has wavered the over the years while mine has gotten stonger.  But here is what he had to say:

Kev,

I did not see the game last night but the NY papers are making it sound pretty ugly.  They reported that even the SJU student section was chanting "Fire Norm."  Pressure could be building.  I thought with 8 freshman on the team that they would go easier on him but if they are calling for his job half way through the year it could get really ugly at the end.  What do you think?????

Just remember that when you fire someone you better have a very good idea on who will take the position and how much it will cost.

Bobby Gonzalez is 12-6 at Seton Hall.

- My father has seen alot more St. Johns basketball than I have.  He was a huge Bobby G fan when he was at Manhatten and even became friends with the guy at Jarvis's old hangout Saratoga Race Track.  After a long conversation over these topics I finnally admitted to myself and my father that NORM NEEDS TO GO!  I have been one of the biggest optimists on the board but this team has talent and im not saying we should be undefeated this season but we sure as hell should have a better record than we do.  I will always support the team and will continue this year but I will no longer support Norm !

Re: Emails from my dad
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »
Doesn't matter who the coach is really, I speak for all of us when I say we just want to see a highly competitive team each and every night.  A team that runs all over the floor, a team that plays defense, and a team that has a motor that never stops. 

I, too, will support the team and the University no matter who is behind the bench. 

Unfortunately, after almost 8 years of decline, we're all getting antsy.  And rightfully so. 

Re: Emails from my dad
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 12:50:35 PM »
your dad seems to know more than norm roberts and the administration.