Pecora at the next level?

• 47 replies

Poison

Re: Pecora at the next level?
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 04:32:07 PM »

And as far as the other coaches in the league, not all of them are looking to leave it. Jim Larranaga has built good teams at Mason, but he hasn't been great every season. Even still, I think that program is every bit as good as Xavier—maybe better.

And in one fell swoop the man they call Poison lost any and all credibility to discuss college hoops . . . forever.   ;D

Remember when I said pre-season #73 Syracuse was going to contend this year?

Neither do a lot of people. That's okay. Keep talking.

But are they a better program than George Mason???

Not in 2006 they weren't. And neither was the #1 ranked team in the nation.

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »

And as far as the other coaches in the league, not all of them are looking to leave it. Jim Larranaga has built good teams at Mason, but he hasn't been great every season. Even still, I think that program is every bit as good as Xavier—maybe better.

And in one fell swoop the man they call Poison lost any and all credibility to discuss college hoops . . . forever.   ;D

Remember when I said pre-season #73 Syracuse was going to contend this year?

Neither do a lot of people. That's okay. Keep talking.

But are they a better program than George Mason???

Not in 2006 they weren't. And neither was the #1 ranked team in the nation.

There is a difference between a program, i.e. history, and a team, i.e. on freakishly lucky run through the NCAA tournament.  They were a good, not great, team that year that saw everything go their way as they beat two ranked teams (neither #1, UConn was #2 in the last poll pre tourney, UNC 10/11) before losing to Florida.

I leave Syracuse out of this as that's simply ridiculous but you deem them a better program than Xavier who just in recent history has made the dance 6 of the last 7 years including 1 elite 8 and 2 sweet sixteens and only 1 first round loss. 

Yes I'm wondering why I bother.

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »
Anyone wonder how Hofstra has the player of the year and yet they are middle of the pack ?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2010, 02:27:06 AM »
Anyone wonder how Hofstra has the player of the year and yet they are middle of the pack ?
Shhh!  Stop talking about "reality" and "records"!  The Pecoras will argue that they've been awesome in the month of Februrary when they don't play on Wednesday and Saturdays!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2010, 11:07:07 PM »
Both Iona and Hofstra games should be available on espn360 if you have it - from earlier today (and right now).

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2010, 11:15:14 PM »
Both Iona and Hofstra games should be available on espn360 if you have it - from earlier today (and right now).

ESPN360 was advertising on the site earlier it was neat because it had a live scoreboard built into the ad
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »
This would be a dream job for Pecora, who is very well-connected in recruiting and financial circles.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/up_to_six_jobs_open_with_heat_81L16FsLc40VHdsfkQyhAJ/2#ixzz0hVaaed1o

Does this mean some STJ donors are backing Pecora?  Or does he have Wall St connections?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

boo3

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »
  I like how the article mentions Amaker.  I'm warmimg up to that idea for sure.  That could work out nice i think.