Pregame CBTS and Predictions: Marquette

• 9 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Pregame CBTS and Predictions: Marquette
« on: March 10, 2010, 12:10:04 AM »
The Red Storm uncharacteristically jumped out to a nice cushion early… and took advantage of atrocious shooting (31% in the first half) and 8 turnovers to build a 53-22 cushion… and then repeated the feat in the second half, holding the desperate Huskies to 29 and scoring 38. It was a strange game for longtime St. John’s fans – the team was aggressive, active, and looked to dunk on the Huskies.

I bring all that up because the box score looks like it was brought from the other side of the looking glass. Contributions up and down the roster, aggressive and smart play, patience when necessary, smart passing… the fans hope they see a repeat of that performance in the next game, a 2:00 PM matchup against the Marquette Golden Eagles. It was spectacular, and the team should come out fired up, considering how badly the Eagles beat the Johnnies last year.  You might remember Chris Mullin in the stands, or the complete lack of execution, as Buzz Williams had the team well figured out.

Will tomorrow repeat the failures of the past? Or will the Red Storm get revenge? The OT loss against the Golden Eagles was very close, and if the team was playing with the kind of pep in their step that they had against Connecticut, they just might have dunked that breakaway that would have been the difference in the regular period.

Read More - Calm Before the Storm: Second Round Means Revenge
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:52:56 AM by peter »

Re: Pregame CBTS and Predictions: Marquette
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 12:15:23 AM »
Good stuff,peter and your right! Need to keep their feisty forwards off the boards.

St Johns 69
Marquette 65

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:17:38 AM »
STJ 63
Marquette 61
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

gonzalo

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 04:23:48 AM »
St. John´s has not defeated Marquette since 1964-65 season.

Will we break this bad record?

I would like it.

But I suppose that Marquette will win again.

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:40:35 AM »
Marquette - 72
St johns - 62
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 07:52:41 AM »
Mar 65
SJU 54

boo3

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »
SJU-67
marquette- 66

I'm going to my 1st game in 2 years after going to every game for 12 years.  Hoping i can scoop up a cheap tix outside.  If they play like they played yesterday they can win. Consistency has never been a Norm roberts coached teams best attribute however.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 09:42:15 AM »
I think game will be close, but a team as limited offensively as we are has little margin for error and tough to play D like we did on back to back games.
Marq 68
SJU 60

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »
Playing back to back good game would be a big step forward for us.

St. John's 65

Marq 58

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 11:58:02 AM »
First time we beat uconn since 2002...now we'll beat marq for the first time since the sixties...its a streak breaking week at the BET for us.