The Official St. John's Twitter

• 18 replies
The Official St. John's Twitter
« on: March 11, 2010, 03:21:04 PM »
http://twitter.com/STJ_Basketball

Does anyone else think Fratto is trying a little too hard to cover this thing up?  I mean, the guy is a goner, everyone knows it.  Think about if this were actually false and they decided to bring him back, a riot would ensue and it would be a PR nightmare.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: The Official St. John's Twitter
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
I think he - and maybe even the administration - is doing a solid job.  The word is out about what's happening through credible sources, but there are no names on it.  Fratto has to treat it as normal - he can't acknowledge rumors if there is no press release/ news conference/ official word. 

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »
I think he - and maybe even the administration - is doing a solid job.  The word is out about what's happening through credible sources, but there are no names on it.  Fratto has to treat it as normal - he can't acknowledge rumors if there is no press release/ news conference/ official word.

I realize that, but he's retweeting everything about the rumors as being just rumors and even made a point of taking a picture of Norm on the set on the Red Storm Report.  He isn't fooling anyone, the guy is gone.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 03:26:31 PM »
Norm Roberts is a St. John's employee. The St. John's athletic office is supporting their current coach. It's their job to keep a positive light on the program. I think they've done an excellent job this season.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 03:28:30 PM »

I realize that, but he's retweeting everything about the rumors as being just rumors and even made a point of taking a picture of Norm on the set on the Red Storm Report.  He isn't fooling anyone, the guy is gone.

It smacks of desperation to hold off on announcement.  If this was still up in the air, there'd be a stronger report refuting it.
"I drink and I know things"

boo3

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »
 they are doing what they are supposed to do.  no need to get all worked up about it.  happier days are ahead.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 03:32:13 PM »
Ya they have done a good job this season, I'm not bashing anything they have done because they are one of the tops in the country at getting us info we need.  But it's just frustrating to see someone downplay the rumors I guess, even if I know it's his job.

Tha Kid

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 03:33:30 PM »
I just hope they have addressed this with Norm himself and these rumors are not surprises to him that he is being left in the dark about.

Foad

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »
It smacks of desperation

No. Desperation is a bunch of know nothings on an obscure website talking about how someone heard someone else overheard Norm tell Bill Self that Bobby Knight's going to be the new head coach. This is business. They didn't buy Norm out between yesterday afternoon and now.

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »
Ya they have done a good job this season, I'm not bashing anything they have done because they are one of the tops in the country at getting us info we need.  But it's just frustrating to see someone downplay the rumors I guess, even if I know it's his job.

So you want them to fire the coach via twitter?  ;D :D

Seriously come on. Let them go through the proper channels and do this with class and grace. They are standing by their coach until he is no longer their coach. The sports information/communications doesn't have a say in whether Norm is retained or isn't their job is to keep people informed with news and PR. They are doing their jobs and doing it well. 

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »

Seriously come on. Let them go through the proper channels and do this with class and grace. They are standing by their coach until he is no longer their coach. The sports information/communications doesn't have a say in whether Norm is retained or isn't their job is to keep people informed with news and PR. They are doing their jobs and doing it well.

No, you got me all wrong hahaha.  I just don't want him to retweet every little thing some analyst says about the rumors being rumors.

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 03:41:06 PM »
It smacks of desperation

No. Desperation is a bunch of know nothings on an obscure website talking about how someone heard someone else overheard Norm tell Bill Self that Bobby Knight's going to be the new head coach. This is business. They didn't buy Norm out between yesterday afternoon and now.

Twittering pictures of Norm on the redstormreport smacks of desperation to hide it.  Just don't respond.  No comment.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 03:43:01 PM »

No, you got me all wrong hahaha.  I just don't want him to retweet every little thing some analyst says about the rumors being rumors.

Then don't read it!

It's their job to report everything that's being reported. Hence sports information department.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 03:43:13 PM »
Maybe he'll get Willie Randolphed?

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 03:43:58 PM »
It smacks of desperation

Twittering pictures of Norm on the redstormreport smacks of desperation to hide it.  Just don't respond.  No comment.

They want people to watch it. Its great pub for the school not Norm Roberts for being on SNY.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 03:52:48 PM »
Nice mention - that's an example of completely f'ing this kind of communication up.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »
Nice mention - that's an example of completely f'ing this kind of communication up.

I said this on hte other site. Though if true this is the most justified firing in the history of firings, by not containing the leak or making an official announcement they are doing Norm dirty. Letting a guy who's only attributes as a coach was being a good guy and dignified twist like this is wrong and embarrasing.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 06:11:38 PM »
The Sports Information department are just doing their job.  Just read the tweets realizing that that they are a PR department designed to protect St. John's Athletics, it's employees and student-athletes. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 12:37:37 AM »
the school isn't compelled to make an announcement just because a reporter found some sources who spilled the beans.

maybe we get invited to the nit.  should norm coach as a lame duck if he's fired tomorrow?  should he have the opportunity to coach these kids one more time?

no one wanted norm gone more than i...and i wanted him gone before he put the pictures up in his office six years ago.

don't expect the school to get on the post's timetable. 

the "no comment" should tell you what you want to know.