pitino

• 14 replies
pitino
« on: March 20, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
Former Card Brandon Bender on FB page: "If u don't believe Rick pitino is going to St.johns ur in for a shocker it is almost a done dada"

now this is speculation, but after what pitino has said in the past about stj, and given his recent sexual accusations, im having a hard time believing pitino would be coming here.

i also find it hard to believe that a former player would be privy to such information.

Re: pitino
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »
LETS GET HIM!

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »
haha I have a hard time believing a guy that was suspended by Pitino twice in one year and then left has any inside info.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 05:58:53 PM »
Rick Pitino, Louisville: Hope there are a lot of paramedics around to revive all the fainting St. John’s fans. Can’t see him jumping league schools. 1,000-to-1

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/storm_oust_roberts_ready_puESUUGBwwiZaO38sMDzzJ/1#ixzz0ikxyibKn

not that i really think len robbins has a grasp on the odds of this hire.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:39:37 PM »
bring this guy is so unSTJ in many ways.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 11:47:33 PM »

what are you talking about? he's one of the best coaches in the country. are we only about losing?

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 01:43:02 PM »

what are you talking about? he's one of the best coaches in the country. are we only about losing?

i think he means in a non-basketball sense.

sjd8886

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »

im about a national championship for st johns in the next decade...hire who u have to to get those wheels in motion...if the coach is a douchebag who cares?  this is sports, its not charity, its not church...as long as we arent so bad we are getting the ncaa probing into us, who cares...u want a sparkling clean program, go get norm back...but i want to see this team win a game in the ncaa tournament next year

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 05:34:52 PM »
Pitino? No way is that happening.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 05:45:45 PM »
When your a school like St. John's you have an obligation to run your school a certian way. Petino may be a great coach but his personal life issues would get us pub for all the wrong reasons.

Poison

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »
what are you talking about? he's one of the best coaches in the
country. are we only about losing?
[/quote]

i think he means in a non-basketball sense.
[/quote]

Exactly why that kind of thinking needs to stay away from our basketball program. just look at how that thought process has destroyed our program. What Rick Pitino does in his personal life is no one's business.

The minute you make it your business you become no better than Harrington, or any other religious fanatic.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:11:03 PM by Poison »

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »

im about a national championship for st johns in the next decade...hire who u have to to get those wheels in motion...if the coach is a douchebag who cares?  this is sports, its not charity, its not church...as long as we arent so bad we are getting the ncaa probing into us, who cares...u want a sparkling clean program, go get norm back...but i want to see this team win a game in the ncaa tournament next year

What's the problem....that's why it is unSTJ. I don't need a lecture about charity and church. He is about winning as a coach UNSTJ AND He is banging women on tables UNSTJ.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 10:16:48 PM »

You know what you're right. As much as I want a good guy in charge of this program, I wanna return to the tournament even more. Pitino would be a great choice and I really hope he comes here. Is he a legit option or what?

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 10:19:33 PM »
Former Card Brandon Bender on FB page: "If u don't believe Rick pitino is going to St.johns ur in for a shocker it is almost a done dada"

now this is speculation, but after what pitino has said in the past about stj, and given his recent sexual accusations, im having a hard time believing pitino would be coming here.

i also find it hard to believe that a former player would be privy to such information.

I hope for our sake that he's speaking the truth.  The fact of the matter is there is not 1 coach (including Billy Donovan) who is better prepared for this job than Rick Pitino.  Besides being a fantastic coach, he is an unbelievable recruiter who is as familiar with the NYC landscape as anyone in the game.  As Dickie V. said on ESPN, attendance and donations would skyrocket immediately upon his arrival and I have no doubt in my mind he'd transform this unit into an NCAA Tournament team in 2010-'11.  I hope Chris Monasch brings him back to NY and starts to build a program to be reckoned with for years to come.

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 03:38:50 AM »
Exactly why that kind of thinking needs to stay away from our basketball program. just look at how that thought process has destroyed our program. What Rick Pitino does in his personal life is no one's business.

The minute you make it your business you become no better than Harrington, or any other religious fanatic.

idk if you were saying this to me. i dont give a sh*t about his personal life. as long as he doesnt bring ncaa sanctions down on us.
i want to win as badly as the next guy.

i just dont believe father harrington sees it the same way.... :-\
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:40:29 AM by theoffspring447 »