Bo Ryan

• 7 replies

sjd8886

Bo Ryan
« on: March 21, 2010, 03:36:50 PM »
idk why we havent mentioned him, maybe there's some reason and im stupid for bringing him up, but hes not in that list of top 25 highest paid coaches and the guy puts a winning product on the floor every year

Re: Bo Ryan
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 03:39:06 PM »
He has no connection to NY, and I doubt he would ever come here.  He would have a tough time selling his style of play to NY kids.

mkras99

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:44:18 PM »
He's a Wisconsin (the State, not the school) lifer.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
Great coaches in the tourny every year with players noone ever heard of. I dont think he'll ever leave there though and is probably in a retiremnet contract

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »
idk why we havent mentioned him, maybe there's some reason and im stupid for bringing him up, but hes not in that list of top 25 highest paid coaches and the guy puts a winning product on the floor every year
He invented the swing offense, wins without cheating, and has produced NBA players. 
There's no way he'd put up with the NY cesspool.

xhoops

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:15:45 AM »
He has no connection to NY, and I doubt he would ever come here.  He would have a tough time selling his style of play to NY kids.
He wouldn't be my first choice........But, hello........we NEED another style of play.........one on one slash and chuckers are not good basketball.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 08:44:56 AM »
He wouldn't be my first choice........But, hello........we NEED another style of play.........one on one slash and chuckers are not good basketball.
We need to be effective at a style of play not another style.  The slow like paint-drying style would be a harder sell, and the style doesn't necessarily win - execution of a style wins. 

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 09:02:23 AM »
We need to be effective at a style of play not another style.  The slow like paint-drying style would be a harder sell, and the style doesn't necessarily win - execution of a style wins.

Good post, peter.  Not to mention, the guy has coached in the state of Wisconsin for nearly 35 years.