Greenberg tells players, parents he's staying at Va Tech

• 32 replies
Re: Greenberg tells players, parents he's staying at Va Tech
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 11:31:21 PM »
Baldi,

Howland is at ucla and is a west coast guy.  No chance, that's as unrealistic as it comes.  Wright would never switch in conference from nova to st johns.  Both unrealistic.  I think belein is also unrealistic but ill let it slide.  Pick two to replace howland and wright.

A west coast guy who did pretty good at Pitt.

Sean Miller
Tom Crean
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:52:54 PM by Marco Baldi »

Foad

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 07:28:15 AM »
John Beilen

Turned the job down when he was at Richmond.

Tha Kid

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 07:42:31 AM »
Baldi you are impossible and don't understand what realistic is.  Howland is at UCLA - his dream job.   

Crean took the indiana job like what 2 years ago, he's not leaving.  Also foad demonstrated why belein is not an option.  You need 2 more. Sean Miller went to Arizona 1 year ago.  Come on baldi. You know who the realistic candidates are.  The st johns job is not the yankees job bro.  We can certainly be one of the best jobs, arguably, but people who just got jobs and big salaries from indiana and arizona, other fantastic programs, aint leaving one year or two years later for st johns and a rebuilding job.  Thanks for proving my point that you just like to stir the pot rather than give a real answer.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 07:52:47 AM »
Baldi you are impossible and don't understand what realistic is.  Howland is at UCLA - his dream job.   

Crean took the indiana job like what 2 years ago, he's not leaving.  Also foad demonstrated why belein is not an option.  You need 2 more. Sean Miller went to Arizona 1 year ago.  Come on baldi. You know who the realistic candidates are.  The st johns job is not the yankees job bro.  We can certainly be one of the best jobs, arguably, but people who just got jobs and big salaries from indiana and arizona, other fantastic programs, aint leaving one year or two years later for st johns and a rebuilding job.  Thanks for proving my point that you just like to stir the pot rather than give a real answer.

You asked me who I thought they should contact when the big dogs say no. And I told you, how is that stirring the pot?
It doesnt hurt to ask these guys or gauge some interest, ya never know.

Tha Kid

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 08:47:46 AM »

Come on baldi. 5 REAlIStIC candidates.  So far you have herb sendek and frank martin.

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 08:56:32 AM »

Come on baldi. 5 REAlIStIC candidates.  So far you have herb sendek and frank martin.

OK, I'll humor ya

Herb Sendek
Frank Martin
Travis Ford
Thad Matta
Rick Majerus

Tha Kid

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 09:01:34 AM »

Thanks baldi, good list. Majerus hasn't done much with the billikens though, has he?  For someone who isn't a fan of paul hewitt's, majerus hasn't come close to hewitt this decade, has he?  I like thad matta. Doubt he leaves ohio st, but when he was at xavier I wanted to make a run at him.

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 09:11:22 AM »

Thanks baldi, good list. Majerus hasn't done much with the billikens though, has he?  For someone who isn't a fan of paul hewitt's, majerus hasn't come close to hewitt this decade, has he?  I like thad matta. Doubt he leaves ohio st, but when he was at xavier I wanted to make a run at him.

Utah has never been the same since the big guy left either though. I dont mind Hewitt, but it seems he cant get over the hump with NBA talent on his team

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »

The Billikens don't LOOK great, but the guy was competing for a top-4 finish in the Atlantic 10 with a team of freshmen and sophomores that could not score at all.  Brought in a solid Aussie talent, and is winning with slow pace and excellent defense.  20-10, 11-5 in the A-10 regular season... it's not flashy, but that's one of the better coaching jobs in the country there, because he found a way to win with a team that can't rebound of shoot from outside.

Foad

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 09:39:42 AM »
Rick Majerus

Rick Majerus, right. Too bad Divine's dead you could put him to the list too.

"Majerus kept telling [former Utah player Michael] Doleac that he needed to keep six inches between himself and his opponent in the post. When Doleac was caught shortly after leaning on his man, the coach erupted. "'Jesus f###in  Christ, Doleac! When a guy catches the ball in the post, you gap him six inches!'" Doleac recalls Majerus yelling. "Then he turns to the guys sitting on the baseline and says, 'Six f###in inches,' and he says, 'the size of the average white dick!' and pulls it out."

http://deadspin.com/346458/rick-majerus-will-show-you-his-billiken

"Rick was always a jerk to the managers. Every season he went out of his ways to never learn their names. They were only referred to as ‘manager'. One day, Rick was drawing up a scout in our team room about 2 hours before tipoff. Things were going well, considering he was fully dressed and we hadn't been referred to as cunts yet. From the white board he started yelling 'manager, manager, bring a towel over here!'.

"Not knowing what to expect, we sat back eagerly awaiting his next move. What happened next still haunts me to this day. Majerus took the towel, pulled his pants down, and quickly took a dump into the towel, which he was holding under his ass. After he was done he used part of the towel to wipe, wrapped it up, and HANDED IT BACK TO THE MANAGER, and told him to throw it away. The kid looked like a deer in giant Rick Majerus headlights. The whole room was silent. Rick just pulled his pants up and went back to the scout, never once mentioning it or acting like anything out of the ordinary had occurred."

http://deadspin.com/5439875/ahole-coach-digest-special-rick-majerus-edition

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »
Haha, Majerus sounds like the man. Although our tough guys might start crying when Big Rick dropped a deuce on Looies court

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »
There's a lot more stuff on Majerus.  That's a foul man. 

Pretty good coach, though. 

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »
adam zagoria - "St. John's has not asked for official permission to speak with Seth Greenberg, per Va. Tech AD. Va. Tech plays in NIT tonight."