Members

• 9 replies
Members
« on: April 05, 2010, 06:47:14 PM »
I think the # of members on the site has more than doubled in a month. Great job by the posters and Dave getting early scoop, whether its unfounded or not. Great stuff fellas, good times ahead

Re: Members
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
manbearpig thinks its because we cant just lurk anymore if we want to read the forum, we have to register

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:57:10 AM »
manbearpig thinks its because we cant just lurk anymore if we want to read the forum, we have to register

But that's encouraging you to post, so I guess the strategy is working.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:47:18 AM »
In the year 2007 we had 190 new members to the site

In the year 2008 we had 242 new members to the site

In the year 2009 we had 85 new members to the site

In MARCH of 2010 we had 347 new members to the site

Also in April we have 70 new members to the site

We also had more posts in March than we did in all of 2007.

In the past 2 years we've had 40,000 new posts and in March we had 6,000 and eclipsed the 50,000 total mark.

Before March we usually averaged about 100 log ins a day now we're getting about 250.

We now boast almost 700 total members!

So I'm pretty happy about my decision to close off the forum as private. I want to promote discussion and get more people involved. I also want there to be some accountability to coming to this site as we do offer a lot of knowledgeable information. In addition to eliminating spammers who came to the site. There is going to be plenty of changes over the summer to make this site bigger and better.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:02:56 PM »
Just another reason why this is the place....
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »
Agreed, the forum itself is great, but what separates this site from the others are the johnny jungle articles, interviews w/ recruits, recruiting updates, pre and post game articles and the game day chat room.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 02:14:51 PM »
Good job with the site, Dave.  Unfortunately, I think the rate of growth will steadily decline from the all-time highs of March, but hopefully we can add more members as the wins start piling up. 

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:43 PM »
Good job with the site, Dave.  Unfortunately, I think the rate of growth will steadily decline from the all-time highs of March, but hopefully we can add more members as the wins start piling up.

It was certainly a spike but we'll continue to grow. New students turn into new fans each and every year. We've only been around for 3 years imagine this place after 10 years?

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 03:08:13 PM »
I must say johnnyjungle has stepped it up and the forums are excellent. Great job.

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 03:13:53 PM »
I must say johnnyjungle has stepped it up and the forums are excellent. Great job.

I'm trying there are still things on the site that I feel that I've dropped the ball on or have been poor in updating. I'm trying to get more and more up. I'd love to be able to add a few writers to the site too. Right now Peter is my right hand man, without him this site wouldn't run but I could use about 3 more Peters. I want to continue growing the editorial portion of the site to provide people more information and interaction with the site and St. John's program.

The podcasts are something I want to do but my partners always flake so I think I just might do it solo. If Mike Francessa can do it, lol, so can I. This season I didn't have the financial resources to produce the quality of show I wanted to but this summer I should have everything in line.

Also I did nothing with the Pep Squads this year and I'm completely to blame for that as I have lost most if not all connections with the girls as I'm getting old and removed from the campus life. I have some ideas for 2011 I'll put into place.

Don't forget all our moderators here too. They are a HUGE part in the success and organization of the forums. I'm bias but I think the organization of our content is better than any forum out there.