Duke Duke!

• 5 replies

Tha Kid

Duke Duke!
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »

What a game! That was one for the ages. Butler played their hearts out, but the better team won.  Gotta feel good for a guy like nolan smith, who's late father won a ncaa title in indianapolis in 1980 w louisville, and zoubek who sucked up until february of this year (and was always injured). 

Wasn't your typical duke team, but they played great d, rebounded, and the big three scored.

Watch out for repeat next year if singler comes back with kyrie irving manning the point!

This definitively makes coach k the best coach of his era - including smith and knight. 

DUKE!
"I drink and I know things"

Foad

Re: Duke Duke!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:14:30 AM »

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 02:40:30 PM »
I should move this into deep deep off topic lol. What a game last night. I really wanted Butler to pull it off they played so well. Really if they could make a layup they would have been national champs they missed so many bunnies.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 03:19:36 PM »
Not a huge fan of Duke, but what a job by Coach K this year.  Just incredible really. 

Think of the talent some of these teams had.  Kentucky should have FIVE first rounders this season, with an outside chance of having four in the lottery if Bledsoe's stock rises a bit.

Ga Tech with potential lottery bigs. 

Duke has one marginal first round draft pick next year.  Nolan Smith should be a second rounder. That's it.  Great job outta Coach K.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »
It is a shame that the refs didn't make the correct call on Frankenstein against Baylor and Duke would have been gone in the elite 8!

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 05:22:51 PM »
Think Scheyer somehow finds his way in the NBA?  He is not even being looked at now.

I think he might be able to stick with a roster.