We have work to do

• 22 replies
Re: We have work to do
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 09:52:45 PM »
Just watched the DVR...Overall not too bad.  We still struggle shooting the ball..no surprise.  I was surprised at how well the zone held up...but you could see possession by possession St Mary's was getting more comfortable. 

In the end...we were fortunate the score looked as close as it did.  This team doesn't have someone to create a basket when we go in those shooting droughts.  Hardy made a nice move and scored on a one on one move but didn't do it again.  Kennedy was so tentative and Brownlee didn't score either.  Can't expect to win if those guys aren't scoring.  If not DJ someone has to get more aggressive...Paris? Hardy?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
I give Hollywood and the tanman all the credit in the world for scheduling this game.  Anybody can play Bryant early.  It takes basket sized balls to go 3000 miles and play that quality team in that snakepit in your very first game.

Kudos to the admin, staff and players for taking this game and putting forth a valiant albeit losing effort.

Oodles of young Cali recruits got a sneek peak at what Lavin is building here and hopefully this one will pay dividends as far as ESPN exposure to the youngins plus the experience of a tough game in a very tough environment on down the road.

Wods317

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 11:49:11 PM »
Could have played better but when you lose to a team who returns most of its starters from a sweet sixteen run on the road by 5 its not a bad effort. We got almost nothing from Hardy, Dj, and Brownlee and still only lost to this team by a few points. Polee looked good and Boothe and Stith looked like different players. Also we shot free throws very well which is good to see. We have to be more aggressive on offense, more taking the ball to the hoop and not playing so much 1 on 1 in the half court. The defense was good but could be better. I think we get better as the season goes a long and by the time Big East play comes around we should be a better team.