Dexter Strickland - SG - St. Patrick HS - Elizabeth, NJ

• 7 replies

kob24

Dexter Strickland - SG - St. Patrick HS - Elizabeth, NJ
« on: January 13, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »
or so ive heard. congrats to one of my favorite players out there. even if you did win against omari and kev
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 11:15:14 AM by kjd01067 »

Randomhero423

Re: dexter strickland to north carolina
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 05:16:54 PM »
yes.  he's going to UNC. 

he reminded me a lil bit of lebron today.  he don't have the body of him, but he can really do it all.  he ended with 10 pts, 7 rebounds, 6 assists (they missed open shots).  he penetrated at will.  he's definitely going to be something special.

kob24

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 09:36:15 PM »
did u go to the game. ididnt go today. how did omari and kev compare to dex 2day. i heard they missed alot of shots

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »
yes i went.  omari and parrom were not impressive at all.  both did not have good games and very silent. 

parrom did have 11 and 10.  but i'm pretty sure he had 10 and 10 at half.  he was very frustrated about not getting the ball in the post.  omari showed he had good instincts defensively and showed flashes of a very good player, but was in foul trouble. 

dex was x10000 better.  he reminded me a lil bit of lebron.  penetrated at will, gave his teammates wide open shots, rebounded well, shot pretty well (although he did not shoot often, you can tell he can take over a game if he wanted to. he has that aura about him).  he needs to get bigger, but i think he can be a very good NBA player.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 10:12:49 PM »
was at the game too today. glad to run into randomhero there. omari and kev were not explosive at all and seemed to have empty legs.  its a shame how the scheduling for this occurred.  it sucks that both st rays and rice played the day after they played each other in an OT classic.  i think kev is a borderline mid to high major at this point and i still think omari has a very good shot at the L.  dexter strickland was great today, playing in front of his future college coach, roy williams. 

in the other games, sherrod wright stepped it up in the final few minutes to give mt vernon a great comeback win over paterson catholic.  paterson is made up almost entirely of sophomores and they will likely be a top 10 team in the country in 2 years.  jordan theodore (going to SHU) took too many outside shots but he did make some good plays the times he got into the lane.  his jumpshot is very edgar sosa-esque.  kevin jones was pretty good early on for mt. vernon but he takes too many shots on the perimeter sometimes.  the kid is a money shooter from midrange and is great at using the glass.  he should move in a few feet and take some more midrange jumpshots and hit the offensive glass more.

in the rice game, kemba walker played ok, not his best game but not terrible.  the boxscore had him down for 8 turnovers but i really dont think he had that man.  he scored 18 points on some pretty nice moves to the basket.  durand scott has been hurt but he shot the ball better today and defended well.     samardo samuels didnt play the whole first quarter for st bens because he had some team issues and when he came in in the first half he didnt play well.  he turned it up and showed flashes of his true self in the 2nd half.  greg echenique played ok as well
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »
they also have a coaching problem at rays. im gonna make sure they dive in his ass this summer.

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 10:18:43 PM »
kemba walker is going to be a great player.  although he did not have many assists (didn't realize he had that many turnovers either), he is so explosive, and can finish around the basket so well. 

greg echenique looks like a pretty intruging prospect, i think.  he's pretty quick for his size, and has decent post moves.  i'd like to see him on STJ, but i don't see why he woudn't go to duke.

tamir jackson looked pretty good in the first quarter as well. 

nice seein ya to theo. 

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 10:20:29 PM »
semardo samuels looked awful in the first half.  he didn't play first quarter at all (supposdely because coach didn't like his play during their loss last year), and in the 2nd half he looked like he had stone hands. could not catch a pass or rebound.  2nd half though he was very good.  he looks just like shelden williams.