Uconn Postgame

• 64 replies
Re: Uconn Postgame
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »
I am extremely happy for this team and love the crowd and media attention we are getting locally and nationally.  I was at the game last night and the UCONN fans were quiet almost the whole game.  Actually saw a UCONN kid throw beer at SJU fans before he got kicked out.  It was quite commical because the poor kid was drunk and would of got stomped on.  UConn fans are so arrogant and the fact that we have destroyed them two games in a row is eating them alive.  They loved that we were down and they were supperior but not any more.

BTW, is it me or does it seem like Lavin's system is far better at the Garden and big arenas, than CA or smaller road courts?  We space out the floor so much and our guys find more open shots.  If we look this good, with these guys, can you imagine how insane SJU will look with Lavin's style in years to come?

Once again, it was great to see another huge crowd and another blowout win.  Each reg season game at the Garden seems like a Big East tourny game.

Well, I wasn't at  the game so I can't speak for the conduct of the Uconn fans who were there. It's unfortunate about the kid throwing the beer, but that behavior is not typical of Uconn fans. Neither is arrogance. Am I disappointed with the loss? Definitely. But I'm even more disappointed with their lack of heart and hustle, especially in the second half.
Come on, get serious. Dave wants to encourage hits and cordial banter, but there is no Big East program that is more associated with drunk fans showing up to the Garden than UConn. The long-distance buses, which encourages little responsibility in drinking, low class fan base cause them to be more tanked up than the average BE program.

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »
-Hopefully, it calls attention nationally to the abysmal shooting (35.2%, 88 for 250 shots) that Walker has flung up since the Harvard game in December and hurts his All-American/NPOY chances.
Not The Sleaveless Guy, why are you "hopeful" that Kemba Walker will not be chosen for the All-American team? How does it affect you whether he is or isn't?  ???

This game will not "call attention nationally" to Kemba's recent shooting woes. It is no secret he has been ice cold, not only from the field, but the free throw line as well. Obviously, this can be at least partly attributed to the fact that opponents are prepared to do everything they can to try and shut him down. As a result, what were once open looks are now mostly trying to break free from two defenders to get a decent shot off. Clearly, he hasn't adjusted well to this. I hope Kemba (along with entire Huskies team) does make the necessary adjustments, because they've shown when they're able to do that, and other players share in the offense, they are really a force to be reckoned with.
I am only interested in the success of St. John's. A NYC kid, who attended a Catholic HS, receiving national accolades while attending your state school doesn't help St. John's. It only encourages young kids from our area to consider spending their college years on the outskirts of scenic East Hartford.

CTMike

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:46 PM »
-Hopefully, it calls attention nationally to the abysmal shooting (35.2%, 88 for 250 shots) that Walker has flung up since the Harvard game in December and hurts his All-American/NPOY chances.
Not The Sleaveless Guy, why are you "hopeful" that Kemba Walker will not be chosen for the All-American team? How does it affect you whether he is or isn't?  ???

This game will not "call attention nationally" to Kemba's recent shooting woes. It is no secret he has been ice cold, not only from the field, but the free throw line as well. Obviously, this can be at least partly attributed to the fact that opponents are prepared to do everything they can to try and shut him down. As a result, what were once open looks are now mostly trying to break free from two defenders to get a decent shot off. Clearly, he hasn't adjusted well to this. I hope Kemba (along with entire Huskies team) does make the necessary adjustments, because they've shown when they're able to do that, and other players share in the offense, they are really a force to be reckoned with.
I am only interested in the success of St. John's. A NYC kid, who attended a Catholic HS, receiving national accolades while attending your state school doesn't help St. John's. It only encourages young kids from our area to consider spending their college years on the outskirts of scenic East Hartford.

Fair enough, I guess. Although I think it would be better for you to wish your Redmen would do better, rather than wishing our Huskies (even the ones from NYC) would do worse.

CTMike

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »
I am extremely happy for this team and love the crowd and media attention we are getting locally and nationally.  I was at the game last night and the UCONN fans were quiet almost the whole game.  Actually saw a UCONN kid throw beer at SJU fans before he got kicked out.  It was quite commical because the poor kid was drunk and would of got stomped on.  UConn fans are so arrogant and the fact that we have destroyed them two games in a row is eating them alive.  They loved that we were down and they were supperior but not any more.

BTW, is it me or does it seem like Lavin's system is far better at the Garden and big arenas, than CA or smaller road courts?  We space out the floor so much and our guys find more open shots.  If we look this good, with these guys, can you imagine how insane SJU will look with Lavin's style in years to come?

Once again, it was great to see another huge crowd and another blowout win.  Each reg season game at the Garden seems like a Big East tourny game.

Well, I wasn't at  the game so I can't speak for the conduct of the Uconn fans who were there. It's unfortunate about the kid throwing the beer, but that behavior is not typical of Uconn fans. Neither is arrogance. Am I disappointed with the loss? Definitely. But I'm even more disappointed with their lack of heart and hustle, especially in the second half.
Come on, get serious. Dave wants to encourage hits and cordial banter, but there is no Big East program that is more associated with drunk fans showing up to the Garden than UConn. The long-distance buses, which encourages little responsibility in drinking, low class fan base cause them to be more tanked up than the average BE program.
I wasn't aware of the alleged reputation of Uconn fans drinking too much at MSG, but that certainly doesn't describe the fans I know. Then I guess it depends what circle you're in. I wonder if a busload of SJU fans coming to the XL Center in Hartford would be any different. Maybe they would, but experience tells me people are people.

tims19

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »

I wasn't aware of the alleged reputation of Uconn fans drinking too much at MSG, but that certainly doesn't describe the fans I know. Then I guess it depends what circle you're in. I wonder if a busload of SJU fans coming to the XL Center in Hartford would be any different. Maybe they would, but experience tells me people are people.

a busload of sju students would be for the most part sober, but that may say more about school policy then anything else