How long

• 3 replies
How long
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:26:45 AM »
Just how long do you think Kentucky will let Gillespie stick around, especially after that johnnie esque display at Vandy. I say he's gone at the end of the year. Thats the difference between us and a big time program, they know when to say when and they have the$$$$ to put up. We just keep hoping that year after year we will turn it around, and root for this mom and pop operation to suprise us every few years. Sorry but i'm tired of this sad state of affairs, we beat a few of the low level big east teams and we're supposed to be happy? sorry i want big wins and packed houses its' been too long since the 80's and 90's. Remember WE ARE ST.JOHN'S!!!!!!

Re: How long
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »
Despite that SJU type performance, they're not going to fire him at the end of the season.  There's no doubt he'll get another year or two.  The only reason he leaves is because he wants to.  And at that money, he doesn't.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 10:01:44 AM »
I'm just going on what a friend of mine who lives in kentucky says, they are not to happy with him and alot of the big money people are getting upset. He may get next year, i do not know what type of recruits are incoming a great class may buy him some time.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 11:16:46 AM »
You can always blame Gillispie's struggles on Tubby before him.  He's got a 5-star recruit named DeAndre Liggins and someone else, a 3 or 4 star guy; Kentucky fans are damned crazy, but he'll have another year at least.

And big money and big tradition are one thing, but Kentucky fans are crazy.  The performances have sucked but if they don't give the man a couple of years, no renowned coach is going to want to step into that cauldron.