Merchandise

• 6 replies

pk

Merchandise
« on: April 30, 2011, 02:26:27 AM »
Just ordered a tee. Can't wait for the great stuff to really happen. Thanks for making it available. I am a 6th.  8)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:10:23 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Mercahndise
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:17:34 AM »
The merchandising is not nearly where it should be. However, I know somebody that can take it to a new level.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
This is a topic we REALLY need to build momentum on and put some pressure on the administration for this offseason IMO.  There is no reason why the school store at St. John's, a Big East school in NYC, DOESNT sell a single jersey or more than 1 "St. John's Basketball" shirt in the store.  The Hofstra school store sells the the home AND away basketball jersey as well as a few different kind of Hofstra Basketball shirts.  Really hoping that the merchandising goes bigtime.  The school is missing the boat on this if they don't improve it IMO.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 12:51:07 PM »
The merchandising would have a much better chance if everything they made didn't look so dopey.

Re: Merchandise
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
The merchandising is not nearly where it should be. However, I know somebody that can take it to a new level.

Who?? Phil Knight?? They already have a contract with Nike.  The merchandise should be better than what it is.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 09:03:26 AM »
I remember the good old days when SJU merchandise was everywhere you looked in NYC. Every store had something with SJU logos on it. The school could make a fortune if they got it to this level again. You are right, they need to spiff up the merchandise.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 01:13:20 AM »
Who can we get word to though? Really would like some nice gear, I guess that will only come when we're consistently successful. A few NCAA births and whatnot.

Sort of off topic, I really wish we'd update our logo. It's so plain. Would also attract people to buy/demand product if we had a better logo imo.