Too Disgusted...

• 2 replies

Tha Kid

Too Disgusted...
« on: February 17, 2008, 05:09:55 PM »
to post anything of real substance.

While I still do not thinK mike Cavataio has a good shot at all, it was great to see the hustle in that kid.  It was a lone bright spot in the game --- I am not saying that other guys didnt give their all - others DID, but in a losing effort at least seeing a guy who gets no PT make the most of it was nice.

There is only one solution to this problem and it's not more cowbell...it's a new coach.  Anything less is unacceptable.

Norm seems to be a nice, decent man who works tirelessly and tries his hardest, but unfortunately in life that doesn't always cut it. St. John's needs to do right by its students and fans, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the kids on the team like Justin, Larry, DJ, Paris, Sean, Dele, Mike, Malik, and Rob who all have 2-3 years remaining here.  It's time for a new coach --- and not a risk, we want someone proven.

I know people are critical of Paul Hewitt, but if we bring him in I would guarantee NCAA appearance by Justin's junior year.  If we bring in someone like Calipari or Pitino, maybe a miracle can happen next year depending on any top recruits coming here for next season.  This problem is very fixable.  The administration needs to act.  There's not much else to say.

- Tha Kid
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:10:42 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

Re: Too Disgusted...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 06:18:48 PM »
Coming into this season I was still a big pro-Norm guy; thought he deserved this season to watch HIS players (all 8 of them) develop.  I didn't even have much of a problem with Calhoun and Patterson leaving.  If they didn't want to work hard, they didn't deserve minutes. 

That being said, this season has been abysmal, at best.  We lose games we're supposed to win, we get blown out by teams we ought to have a shot of  beating.  When we play with the big boys, we don't last more than 4 minutes.  I expected to take our bumps throughout, but I thought we'd be competitive (just often coming up short).  We have not been competitive. 

He needs to go.  He's a nice guy, a hard worker, and has brought the aura of class that once surrounded this team.  However, he's a poor X's/O's guy and he hasn't proven to be the recruiter we thought he was.  STILL, to this day, we have not tried the 2 for 1 play when we (often) take a time out with a minute left in a half.  That's just one example of what makes me want to rip up my season tickets.

Paging Father Harrington, IF...IF you want this program to succeed, the next coach has to be a "home run".  It's strike two, no excuses this time. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 06:19:40 PM by Alleyoops »

Re: Too Disgusted...
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »
honestly guys....its over.