Wright's minutes once Mase comes back

• 7 replies
Wright's minutes once Mase comes back
« on: February 15, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »
I am very good at these Norm coaching decisions. Usually when I am really drunk, I just think of the stupidist thing I would do if I was coaching ST John's. 99% of the time Norm proves me correct. Maybe he is coaching drunk? Would def explain some things. But I digress, once Mase jr comes back Wright will see 10-12 mins a game. Book it!

Randomhero423

Re: Wright's minutes once Mase comes back
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »
i expect 18 min.

as much as i like wright.  he's getting a bit overrated.  he's not playing that well either this eason.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 04:21:31 PM »
I see no reason why Mason doesn't play tomorrow. It was only a "bone bruise" in his ankle and he did practice Monday at full speed so why he didn't play last game is beyond me.

Larry is definitely one of my favorite players on the team and I love shooters and I just don't understand why he doesn't play more.

I've said it before I don't mind DJ starting because with Mason in the lineup we're a really strong rebounding team but I'd bring in Larry for DJ once we set the tempo and play him at least 27mpg. DJ can slide to the 3 if Mase needs a blow to average around 20mpg(great for a freshman).

We can't score and Larry doesn't play...this isn't rocket science.  
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 04:29:37 PM »
i expect 18 min.

as much as i like wright.  he's getting a bit overrated.  he's not playing that well either this eason.

Wright is not Rip Hamilton, but he is the best shooter on a team that shoots as well as Dick Cheney.
Geno has not played well for 4 years but continues to play big minutes for reasons known only to his adopted dad Norm.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 10:17:25 PM »
so I got word that Larry is a bad practice player and he doesn't focus well in practice which is what I'm lead to believe is the reason he doesn't play as much.

I got this to say.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frsId3goYYE&feature=related

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 10:37:37 AM »
so I got word that Larry is a bad practice player and he doesn't focus well in practice which is what I'm lead to believe is the reason he doesn't play as much.

I got this to say.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frsId3goYYE&feature=related

From the way we look on game days, for all I know Norm has the players practicing "go fish". Maybe Wright is not a good "go fish " player and prefers "old maid"?         

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 11:14:48 AM »
Did anyone read the newsday article where mase complained about having trouble shooting at the garden.  Its beyond ridiculous, you have been playing there for three years. 

They should just qoute JB after the games, he seems to tell it like it is the most.

I am not saying larry is the answer, but he should be starting over DJ.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:04:36 PM »
Did anyone read the newsday article where mase complained about having trouble shooting at the garden.  Its beyond ridiculous, you have been playing there for three years. 

They should just qoute JB after the games, he seems to tell it like it is the most.

I am not saying larry is the answer, but he should be starting over DJ.

Yea I saw that and if thats the case go there and practice once a week. Have a morning session there on a saturday get them up at 5am and go practice there saturday morning.