Syracuse Pigs

• 28 replies
Re: Syracuse Pigs
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
Whats going to be funny is when uconn leaves, their football team has the basketball program to thank for their existance. If uconn hoops had'nt been so succesful over the last 20yrs do you really think the football team would be a legit d1 program.

redslope

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 11:24:27 AM »
ACC wants UCON so Duke will have one conference win each year

Moose

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 11:31:14 AM »
Trust me Boeheim does not want this.  It is clear in his comments he does not want to go to the ACC.  He fought it 8 years ago when it appeared SU was headed only to be given a reprieve when the Virginia state legislature sued to have Va Tech included in the re-alignment.

He has no choice.

Time for him to do the right thing and retire. 

Much respect to him if he picks up and walks away.  Screw the school.
Remember who broke the Slice news

SJU85

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »
Trust me Boeheim does not want this.  It is clear in his comments he does not want to go to the ACC.  He fought it 8 years ago when it appeared SU was headed only to be given a reprieve when the Virginia state legislature sued to have Va Tech included in the re-alignment.

He has no choice.

I don't think they sued.  They instructed the President at UVa. to vote no on the Cuse and there were several other schools who didn't want them either, so when it came to a vote, they didn't have enough to get in.  The offer later went to BC.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:06:24 PM by SJU85 »

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 12:13:26 PM »
I am a traditionalist and love all the traditional rivalries especially in football but the hand writing has been on the wall for quite some time re the move to super conferences driven by football. Resigned myself to tremendous change and upheaval because I realized I have no control over the situation and that change is inevitable. As a Johnnie grad and fan always hated the Cuse as our biggest rival. However I cannot build up additional dislike for them based on this move because to me it is like moving to higher ground when a tsunami is approaching. They had to look out for themselves or risk being left behind on the new super conf realignment-remember they have to consider football which ST J doesn't. However I do not like the way they went about it by blindsiding the BE conf. They could have been upfront about it and given BE advanced warning. I do not begrudge the additional hate some of you may have for the Cuse but I just cannot get to worked up about it. I hope ST J lands on its feet and that we have a bright hoops future. I will be expending my energies in a positive direction and go full speed ahead with my redmen-damn the torpedoes-full speed ahead!

redslope

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »
Here's a thought.  There will only 4 BCS conferences left at the end of the day (Big 10; SEC; PAC whatever and ACC) each consisting of 16 teams.  this will lead them to get greedier and destroy the NCAA (Ohio state and Miami would no longer have to follow "old" rules but the 4 conferences would set up their own).  then there would be 4 networks set up--one for each conference to control TV money.  Football playoffs would pit the top four from each conference playing against each other in a knock out tournament of a total of 15 games to name a national champion.  think of the TV money for that tournament; final would be like a superbowl. 

Now not satisfied they would start their own March basketball tournament with ALL 64 in it.  no NCAA to share the pie with just the 64.

OINK, OINK!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:34:05 PM by redslope »

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »

He has no choice.

I don't think they sued.  They instructed the President at UVa. to vote no on the Cuse and there were several other schools who didn't want them either, so when it came to a vote, they didn't have enough to get in.  The offer later went to BC.

You are correct about the lawsuit.  However BC was already in the fold for the following year.  It was between SU and Va Tech.  Enough ACC schools were prepared to vote no on Syracuse when the UVA Prez suggested Va Tech instead of Syracuse. 

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 05:53:55 PM »
Big East and Big 12 in talks to merge.

We'd be a much BETTER basketball conference with the likes of Kanasas, Kansas St., and the surging Baylor squad.  Pitt is not an elite squad regardless of what they've done this past decade.   Syracuse hurts,but Sryacuse is no Kansas.

I say up the ante now.  20 milll and 3 years notice to leave....take it or leave it. 

redslope

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 06:10:37 PM »
Big East and Big 12 in talks to merge.

We'd be a much BETTER basketball conference with the likes of Kanasas, Kansas St., and the surging Baylor squad.  Pitt is not an elite squad regardless of what they've done this past decade.   Syracuse hurts,but Sryacuse is no Kansas.

I say up the ante now.  20 milll and 3 years notice to leave....take it or leave it.

agree on the pay to play you enumerated.  It is time for the BB schools to stand up and show some basket balls.  We BB schools have to start looking out for ourselves.  we have bent over backwards for the FB schools TOO long and they have had a miserable record outside the conference.