Villanova has applied to join the ACC

• 12 replies

wpc77

Villanova has applied to join the ACC
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
Boom goes the dynamite.

Re: Villanova has applied to join the ACC
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 11:07:22 AM »
i really wish we would do the same.  Big East is going to be a mid-major when all is said and done.

IcemanSTJ

• Enjoy life to the fullest!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
We should bring in UMass, Penn State, Temple....

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:11:57 AM »
Boom goes the dynamite.

I assume in football too?

I guess they have no interest in an All-Catholic league?

wpc77

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:13:22 AM »
Villanova was one of the "10 schools" that Swofford said applied to the ACC recently.  They applied for all sports.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 11:14:32 AM »
10 schools have applied to ACC. 

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 11:21:21 AM »
ACC wants football-ready schools.

Nova is a long way aways from that.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

redslope

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »
What a joke--they have trouble with Monmouth.  THey will have to build a stadium as current facility does not meet BCS standards or use same field as TemPLe where eagles play for a nice rental fee that won't be covered by ticket sales.  They will need their own Miracle Water man to make this dream
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:29:33 AM by redslope »

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 11:34:49 AM »
Yea there is no way the ACC would accept Nova as a full-fledged member.  Way too much uncertainty surrounding their football situation.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 12:31:41 PM »
How do we know we haven't applied?  Seriously though this is all just panic.  Companies merge and buy eachother out all the time...and a lot split back up.  In a few years some of these schools will be wishing they didn't leave. Nova would have less pull in joining the ACC then we do IMO.

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 03:42:35 PM »
Boom goes the dynamite.

I assume in football too?

I guess they have no interest in an All-Catholic league?

The ACC has two spots left and maybe will not even fill them this year or ever. Nova football is bush league and they have no resources to make the program bigger or better. They are a figment of their own imagination. The ONLY place for Nova after the Big East is the A10 and after Jay Wright that is where they belong!

LJSA

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 05:27:14 PM »
The ACC has two spots left and maybe will not even fill them this year or ever. Nova football is bush league and they have no resources to make the program bigger or better. They are a figment of their own imagination. The ONLY place for Nova after the Big East is the A10 and after Jay Wright that is where they belong!

They will be filling them, and soon. The football conferences have in their head that 16 is the magic number, so the ACC will be adding two more in response to the Pac-12 grabbing Texas, TT, OU, and OSU. And then the SEC will add two more after Texas A&M and W.Va. My prediction is Louisville and Missouri, who'd rather be in the Big 10 but that day may never come.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:27:56 PM by LJSA »

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »
We should bring in UMass, Penn State, Temple....

Penn State join the Big East???   There is a better chance of Coach K leaving Duke for Depaul than Penn State leaving the Big 10